Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #1

Extended warranty or no extended warranty?

Ok, so it looks like Friday will be the day we get out new 2306. Our big question now is, do we just accept the 1 year warranty that comes with the purchase price, or do we pay an additional $2100 for the 7 year warranty? Does the warranty cover almost everything or just appliances, a/c, tank and pipe issues. I know it's a gamble either way, I just don't see (or hope not to) 2K in warranty repair in the first 7 years. Or maybe I'm thinking every time we do have an issue the dealership will say that's not covered under your warranty. I love to hear some stories and thoughts from other Rockwood owners regarding warranty. I've got 4 days to decide. Help! :-)
TBuist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
camping

I would get the additional one year warranty. I would get a copy of the warranty the dealer is selling and read-read -read the fine print. I would also look at other warranties and compare them. when my 2 years is up I will shop around and see which warranty company is better. I looked at the Good Sam warranty and it was a lot less than the warranty my dealer wanted to sell me. My friend got the Good Sam for his MH and was very pleased with the coverage and cost.
If all the system that are covered are working well in my trailer I probably wont purchase another warranty.
JMHO

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #3

You can purchase extended warranty after you buy the trailer? I will look into that for sure. I wonder if that works in Canada too or maybe its just the States.
TBuist is offline   Reply With Quote