Originally Posted by dustman_stx
That's probably about right for the number, but no way I'd take it and run. I'd buy my new one while it's off-season and hold on to my used on til Spring and come out thousands ahead selling it myself. But, the OP doesn't seem to want to do that- so your advice stands.
The OP probably has a payment to deal with and believe me, its not easy selling a camper in the North. Especially in November, two months before Christmas.
It doesn't always work holding on. I know what I can get out of my 2013 in April or May and I can afford to hold onto it until then, but you need to run the numbers for what it costs to hold on to it for 5 or 6 months.
I will have paid the full sales tax on the new one instead of on the difference. Thats @ $600
I will have made 5 or 6 more payments, call that $1600
I will have paid the insurance for another 5 or 6 months, call that $125
I will be taking the chance that the book numbers get revalued again and that is usually a $700 hit.
Sitting on it for 5 or 6 months will cost $3025. I would be better off to trade when the new comes in in December, as I am never getting enough in spring to offset that.
I am just taking a shot in the dark by listing it since I have a few weeks, and hoping to get lucky. I might recover something but I 'm also incurring listing fees.