Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #1

Smile Finally at home but now tire troubles

Hello to you all. After two months at Mc Kenzie rv for some rather minor warranty repairs we finally brought our 2013 Rockwood 3008w trailer home. The dealer treated us like absolute crap. This dealer doesn't know the meaning of the word courtesy. Not even a hello or sorry for the delay. Just sign here and go find your trailer. At least the factory rep. Mr Fought responded to my parts inquireries in a timely fashion. My trailer was out of service for almost two months. With our short summer this is a travesty in Canada. I inquired about an extention of the one year factory warranty to make up for the time out of service and was utterly ignored. Just as well especilly the way we were treated. The work done was not up to par with a chip in the kitchen counter. The carpet doesn't even match but I will take it. Even though we have a Forrest River dealer closer to my home I was forced to take my trailer back over two hours one way to have the warranty issues looked after. This dealer will never see this trailer or my money again. Yesterday looking closely at the tires I discover a bulge in one of the tires. Need to replace this slightly used tire with a new one. What a joke. Bitter and ticked but still love this trailer. Glad it is now at home. Only hope that what comes goes around goes around. Problems happen but the way one is treated is the issue for sure. Regards to all and safe RVing. Serge

Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Serge, sorry to hear about the poor dealer experience. We have a review section for dealer reviews - both poor and good - and I encourage you to also post there.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Serge, sorry to hear about the poor dealer experience. We have a review section for dealer reviews - both poor and good - and I encourage you to also post there.
x2

I would also write a letter to the dealer, addressed to the sales manager or general manager if you can get that information, and let them know you are posting your bad experience on this forum for all to see. You might find that all of a sudden your voice is heard.

As far as the bad tire, you can probably deal directly with the manufacturer or supplier to get that replaced at no cost.

Hope things work out for you and you're able to enjoy your new Rig.
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

For my tire bubble, I started with the tire's manufacturer. They directed me to the OEM supplier for the tires to Palomino (a company called Lionshead). The warrant form was pretty simple and the whole process was handled via email after my initial phone call to them. (I never gave my dealer a chance on this- I figured I'd go right to the source.)

What tire do you have?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

btw, I had to replace one tire with a bubble and another due to a nail. Since I was dealing with 2 tires, I decided to just buck up and bought 4 good Maxxis ST tires for the camper. It was a lot of coin, but I'm definitely happy to have spent it on GOOD tires.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #6

tire problem

Thanks for the information and the good wishes. The tire is a Power Towwing Trailexpress load range c ST225/75R15. Build date 28/12. I have a tire and wheel Road Hazard protection plan. It only covers damage not manufacturers deffects. Not sure what caused this bubble. The tire dealer should be able to figure it out. Will keep you posted. For my money I think buying used makes more sense. This is my second new Forrestriver rv and I had problems with both. Hoping to keep this one for a good while. Regards Serge
Old 08-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Most bubbles are caused by curb strikes and road impacts. Occasionally they are manufacturing defects like mine. When they unmounted the tire, they'll be able to give you more information. Mine had 2 LARGER bubbles on the inside.

Tags
tire