Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #1

First time out - 2015 Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited

DW and I traded in our 2007 Viking popup this past Monday and pulled our new trailer home - 2015 Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited. We're at Chatfield State Park, southwest of Denver, with full hookups. This is day two and the verdict so far - love it. It's everything we wanted & demanded, and a few things we don't need, but are enjoying anyways.

First observations:
1) The separate door to the bathroom is now what we would consider a must-have. We won't buy any future trailers without this. This was on our list as a must-have because it made sense in our minds. However, now having used it, it is a functional necessity
2) The layout otherwise is perfect for us. We don't yet have kids, but in anticipation of that, and for our current nieces/nephew, the double bunks are great. Kids love them and they are roomy; even adults can make do with them if required. In the meantime, with just us, it's nice extra storage. The trailer feels spacious, and the bed is very comfortable, although we put a memory foam mattress topper on ours - so that's probably why
3) The couch is very comfortable, as is the dinette. The large/long windows there on the slideout are great.
4) The pantry is huge, and the shelf heights allow for large coffee makers, wine bottles upright (if they last that long), etc.
5) I can fit in the shower and on the toilet comfortably. No small feat. Enough said.
6) Plenty of storage comparments/space.
7) TV antenna works great, inside and when the TV is mounted outside. It's wasy to move the TV between mounts.
8) While the speakers are not top-of-the-line (not a surprise at all), the sound is good as we don't crank them anyways. In fact, we're sitting out under the power awning (very nice) listening to them right now.
9) A/C works very well.
10) Water heat works very well.

Issues:
1) Furnace needs to be checked/fixed. Doesn't light. I went through all the troubleshooting and walked through this with the dealer over the phone already. However, that's not specific to the trailer, just a bummer on the first trip. Already have a service appointment.
2) One of the corner roof gutters may have been damaged in transit (didn't catch at the PDI). Showing a little wood from beneath the siding. They'll take a look at that as well.
3) When the slide's in, I can see a little daylight. I understand these things are not submarines, and are not exactly air tight, but I've asked them to check the slide alignment/seals as well.
4) When running the shower, water sprayed out the fitting from the shower tubing to the spout. No big deal, just needed tightening.

Other than that, no complaints (knock on pressboard). We had rain last night and no leaks I can see yet. So, all-in-all, we've had a good experience so far with this trailer. Again, it's only day two, but I wanted to share my first impressions with those who might be considering this model.

It was easy to tow, although a little nerve-wracking at first, coming from the popup world. I strapped some tow mirrors to my stock mirrors (which are not extended mirrors) and was glad I did that, for switching lanes if nothing else.

I knew to swing wide when making turns, especially right turns, but learned quickly that I need to swing wider or at least pull farther ahead before starting the turn. Almost took out a stop sign with my awning. That was an easy lesson - no actual contact and no damage. Just had to backup and retry.

Next up: Emptying the black and gray water tanks for the first time. We have a sewer hookup on our site. We're waiting until we're about to leave before dumping, to make sure we are done using it, and to make sure there's plenty of liquids there to flush out. There is a black tank spray inlet we'll use as well when we empty it. We've got the chemicals in there doing their thing as we speak. We're using Camco 2-ply paper. Nice paper! At least, nice on the rear end, and hopefully nice making its way out the hose.

If anything else comes up, I'll update. So far, we love it.

Oh yeah - those blue LED lights under the awning and above the crown molding and a couple other places on the Limited model? I thought those were gimicky and that we weren't going to use them, but they are pretty cool and a nice feature. We really do like those after all and they provide a nice amount of light without needing to use brighter white lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140607_122615.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	55762  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for sharing your list of pros & cons. It would be interesting to see if anything on the list changes after an extended time period. My cousin thought bunk beds were the way to go for the grandkids but now she's ready to do without them since the grandkids don't camp much at all.

While I liked Camco TP I like the Marine brand of TP from Walmart (RV/Auto section) even more. The sheets are softer and the rolls seem to last longer.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #3

Thanks for all the info on your first trip. My wife and I just purchased this TT yesterday and are eager to get it out for the first time. Been studying up on what we need
Jasbury31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #4

Funny but my wife and I are between that same tt and the Cherokee 274bds. We are bringing one home tomorrow. Just wondering what you are pulling it with?
Pirateman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateman98 View Post
Funny but my wife and I are between that same tt and the Cherokee 274bds. We are bringing one home tomorrow. Just wondering what you are pulling it with?
We took our 26DBH out for the first time July 4th weekend and could not be happier with it. Pulling it with a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. The weight distribution system with sway control worked great.
Jasbury31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #6

Glad you are enjoying it. We are stepping up from a pop up. Needed something to take the pups with us. I am gonna pull with an f150
Pirateman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #7

We've been pulling ours around with a 2013 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax and its been fantastic! I love that truck.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #8

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but I had a question about your long term experience with the shower walls in these 26DBH or 274DBH. They look to be the same material as the rest of the trailer. Are you experiencing leaking, water warping in the corners and edges, or any molding? Thanks. I want to buy one, but the shower in these units give me pause. Thanks in advance for your response
waypoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:04 PM   #9

Hello

Newbie here. The wife and I are about to purchase a 2016 Cherokee grey wolf 26DBH with the limited package. I'm curious to hear how OP feels about their trailer now that it's been a few years.

If anyone else wanted to chime in on their experience with the 26DBH, I love to hear it.
Whiskey Priest 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Priest 6 View Post
Hello

Newbie here. The wife and I are about to purchase a 2016 Cherokee grey wolf 26DBH with the limited package. I'm curious to hear how OP feels about their trailer now that it's been a few years.

If anyone else wanted to chime in on their experience with the 26DBH, I love to hear it.
I just sold ours 3 months ago to get our Fifth Wheel.

I absolutely loved it. Storage galore, slept a bunch, just did all we asked of it. If you have a lot of stuff to carry and a lot of folks to sleep, this is the one for you.

Only problem we ever had was the POC plastic kitchen faucet (painted chrome) that we had to replace. Do NOT file warranty claim! Go get a decent one at Lowes.

Other than that, I loved it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #11

We bought ours in January and love it. We've been to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, beach camping, and a road trip to Seattle. It's very convenient when my 19/20 year old sons tag along. Everyone gets their own bed. No problems with appliances. I have had to replace screws that were over tightened, but nothing worth taking it in for a warranty repair. The trailer sits low and it's easy to scrape the drag bars. Just take dips and driveways slow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465012828941.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	110095   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465012882044.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	110096  

Tags
first time, grey wolf