Old 08-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #21

I have the exact same problem with my gutter, and it's right over my outdoor fridge. I recently bought a tube of ProFlex RV sealant to use for installing my rear view camera on the back of my TT, so I'm going to try that to seal the joint. I am guessing it won't need much at all, just enough to keep the water moving in the gutter rather than leaking through it.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
We went to a very local campground for our first trip. Everything was a success overall. I have one issue though. The gutter that catches water on the roof is split into two sections on my Grey Wolf 26BH. I had a TT leaning slightly back so the water would run away from the awning side. It was unbearably hot and humid this past weekend so lots of water produced by the A/C. The issue is water runs down at the split. There was enough produced that it makes it to the spout but as it travels down it also drips down where the two pieces of track are "spliced" together right down to where my shore power is hooked in. Has anyone run into this and how did they fix it? I still have warranty coverage, but what are they really going to do? Silicone it like I would?

Also a secondary item. After dumping my black then gray tanks. I hooked up my black flush line and let it run about 30 minutes open. Water obviously came out the hose, but I never heard anything in particular like a spraying nozzle outside. Should I be able to hear the nozzles spinning and/or spraying?

Here are the leak pics
How do you know water obviously came out? Do you have a clear section so you can see the waste drain? If not you can buy them. I use a Flush King which is clear or you can buy them without the flush capability.

I'm not sure you put any water in. You should hear it flushing. Mine is quite loud.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
How do you know water obviously came out? Do you have a clear section so you can see the waste drain? If not you can buy them. I use a Flush King which is clear or you can buy them without the flush capability.

I'm not sure you put any water in. You should hear it flushing. Mine is quite loud.
I had a clear section. I could see it. I'd like to see another to see how much water comes out and what it sounds like. Anyone up for a video?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #24

Ok I couldn't stand it anymore. I went through the effort of dumping in a 5 gallon bucket then down my sewer connection. It was a pain, but it gave me an opportunity to listen.

It's obviously doing something. Since I've never heard a black tank flush like the one I have. Or any for that matter. I don't know if it's making the noise it's supposed to first off.

At the campground I had my pressure regulator hooked up. At the house here I did not. I wanted to see if more pressure would make the nozzles spin more so I could hear them. I even ran inside in the bath room. It sounds like to me water rushing though pipes. I got under the trailer and listened also. Same thing. Water rushing.

I guess I expected to hear a "zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzz" sound if you will. What sound should I hear? Also is there a way to even check to see they are working properly?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #25

I didn't really notice any sound from mine. My understanding is that it's a sort of sprayer that just washes down the inside of the tank. No real moving parts, just a simple spray pattern. I know mine worked because my tank sensors were reading 2/3 full even when empty, and after flushing they weren't. Does the water come out of the tank clear? That should be a sign that it's working. Your tank will never be 100% clean ever. It's just to keep buildup down and rinse out any remaining material.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_sos View Post
I didn't really notice any sound from mine. My understanding is that it's a sort of sprayer that just washes down the inside of the tank. No real moving parts, just a simple spray pattern. I know mine worked because my tank sensors were reading 2/3 full even when empty, and after flushing they weren't. Does the water come out of the tank clear? That should be a sign that it's working. Your tank will never be 100% clean ever. It's just to keep buildup down and rinse out any remaining material.
Yep. Came out clear. Being our first trip my wife insisted we only go #1. Especially so since we were 10 yards from a bathouse/restroom.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #27

Good advice to get a clear section. I have a 45 degree clear section that rotates. As for flushing your black tank, use the sprayer you have. The Flush King is over priced and doesn't work effectively. There is a guy who tested several products. You can find his videos on YouTube. I think his name is The Fit RV doctor or something like that. He shows via a clear plastic tank that represents a black tank that the turbulence created by trying to shoot water into the black tank is ineffective and the sprayer inside the tank works the best.

He also does a toilet paper test that is very interesting. Basically how to save money and not buying the toilet paper designated for rv use and the brands that outperformed the Thetford brand.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng4706 View Post
Good advice to get a clear section. I have a 45 degree clear section that rotates. As for flushing your black tank, use the sprayer you have. The Flush King is over priced and doesn't work effectively. There is a guy who tested several products. You can find his videos on YouTube. I think his name is The Fit RV doctor or something like that. He shows via a clear plastic tank that represents a black tank that the turbulence created by trying to shoot water into the black tank is ineffective and the sprayer inside the tank works the best.

He also does a toilet paper test that is very interesting. Basically how to save money and not buying the toilet paper designated for rv use and the brands that outperformed the Thetford brand.
I've watched a few of his videos including the sprayer test. I'll have to check out the toilet paper test. Thanks I have a 90 degree clear elbow and need to get a 45 degree.