Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #1

Flagstaff/Rockwood vs Wildcat vs PUMA??

After researching for a while we have changed up our priorities. Now we are looking at smaller fivers instead of the bigger ones. The three brands listed above are what we have found that are close in length, weight & setup.

What rank (if that would be the word) do these three rank among themselves? In other words would the Flagstaff/Rockwood be better than the other two or worse?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

No familiar with Puma or Wildcat (other than what I saw at RV shows).

The Flagstaff and Rockwood lines are IDENTICAL in every respect except model numbers, interior colors, and exterior decals.

I love my 2010 Flagstaff 8526 RLWS floorplan and am keeping it for the "Long Haul".
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #3

Right now the Flagstaff/Rockwood is at the top of my list. My local dealer has the Wildcat model in stock, so we will look at it. It has a Girard Tankless Water Heater on it. Has anyone had one of these water heaters before? It also has the concave front so I would not need to get a 5th Airborne pin.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #4

Will the Flagstaff or Rockwood ever redo the front of their fifth wheel trailers? This is the one big negative I have with them where the Wildcat has a more modern concave look.