Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Mad max, I agree with some of your original post. The part you didn't mention is the fixes. I just read the complaining parts.

If you really want to improve all of what you mentioned you should sell yourself to FR as their internet/ forum guru and help all of us by really fixing the problems.

Hope that wasn't snarking, wasn't meant to be.
No problem. I don't work for Forest River or Surveyor. This forum isn't my focus at all. I don't think I stated that anywhere. The forum is currently the most useful technical source available to the customers. That really is the problem.

The last sentence in each section was my recommendation. A well trained IT staff will be able to work as a group to transform those into use cases and build fixes in an iterative process that is pretty much standard business in that field.

Edit: If you were referring to item 15, that was basically a last resort, but it is the way some vehicle manufacturers do business on forums.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
This would be an interesting subject for a seminar at the Goshen rally.
That sounds like a great idea. I gather you would need the right audience from the company, though.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
This would be an interesting subject for a seminar at the Goshen rally.
Does anyone know if this subject came up at Goshen?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #54

I am very glad to see the new online manuals that Forest River has implemented!

I understand them only doing the new year models. I hope they keep this up to date and relevant for future FR customers. It is definitely a BIG step in the right direction.

I would love to see them add all appliance manuals, even though those might be had elsewhere. I love the idea of a one stop shop.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/OnlineOwnersManuals/

Edit: I do see the what appears to be the current appliance manual set. It is at the very bottom of the list on the left, sorry. Kudos to FR for working this effort!!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I appreciate the OP's analysis and he is right in whole.
At 47 I am a first time buyer of my 832IKBS and I loath the first time I have to take the trailer in to the dealer. Really should not be that way. If I had one wish it would be that FR and BH invest in its owner community. Streamline their site, provide consistency and good useful data for buyers and owners. And, freakin update the owners manuals/packets to provide more detail instead of generic data that is really a bag of part booklets thrown in. Get out of the '70's and innovate.

Points are made that this forum is not connected to FR. Well that is probably because such a need existed that was not provided that someone else did it! That should have been a lesson right there to correct.

Peace

Sent from my iPad 6 using Forest River Forums
Agree with you 100%

Tags
forest river