Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Ummm, look above my post you just responded to. The person *I* was responding to is quoted right above it, or it certainly is on my laptop.

YMMV
I got part of that one also, but it seems you were saying I wouldn't take what you considered good enough. I will take it when it is good enough to answer my question. The answers I have received as of now from the company have not been.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Preaching to the choir. WE know FR company is difficult to contact-
that's why so many here preach to get a good dealer.
Lowest price is not always the best deal if your dealer is absent when
you have problems.

Some of us are thin skinned because folks so often come here to
rant about poor quality.
WE can't help with that other than to suggest solutions to specific
problems.

IF you had a chevy and it was giving you problems what good would it
do to complain to other chevy owners?
Go to a chevy DEALER and complain.
If the above is being snarky I'm sorry.

As mentioned the quality won't improve until they feel the pinch from
foreign competition. I donno why they don't import trailers like they
do cars except size would demand huge shipping cost.
As KYDan pointed out, this is really preaching to the choir. Everyone here at FRF can certainly empathize with anyone who get's a bad RV or dealer/manufacturer runaround, and always do our best to help a fellow FRF family member.

However, that being stated, there's not really anything that can be done from these forums to facilitate change in Forest River, Inc. We can all voice our problems, and what we would love to see change.......but it's just talk here amongst friends. It is good to get it all off your chest sometimes, and we are understanding of that......to a point.

There is no need for any of it to get to a point where it becomes argumentative between family/friends.

Bottom line is: Forest River, Inc may see this post or they may not. We have had MANY similar ones here before, and they haven't changed yet....so what is different this time around?

History has also shown us that these threads, besides missing their intended target, seem to turn friends against one another.

The guidelines state (and for excellent reasons, underlined):

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Let's all remain friends, and quit the ying-yang which requires a thread closure and/or post deletes.....please.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiniii View Post
Did you find t he Thor and Keystone forums a lot better?
i stated that the other RV forums were NOT brand-specific.

so the RV forums i frequent have owners of all brands posting there about their issues and problems.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #44
DDC

I found this thread very interesting, as, it spans the whole gambit from blind obedience to they all make junk so just suck it up.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #45

I appreciate the OP's analysis and he is right in whole.
At 47 I am a first time buyer of my 832IKBS and I loath the first time I have to take the trailer in to the dealer. Really should not be that way. If I had one wish it would be that FR and BH invest in its owner community. Streamline their site, provide consistency and good useful data for buyers and owners. And, freakin update the owners manuals/packets to provide more detail instead of generic data that is really a bag of part booklets thrown in. Get out of the '70's and innovate.

Points are made that this forum is not connected to FR. Well that is probably because such a need existed that was not provided that someone else did it! That should have been a lesson right there to correct.

Peace

Sent from my iPad 6 using Forest River Forums
Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #46
DDC

This would be an interesting subject for a seminar at the Goshen rally.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #47
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Forest River RV - Recreational Vehicles

Looks like there all listed here?

"sabre owners united!"

turbs
Columbus or Palimoino were not listed there, I didnt even see Sabre
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
That's interesting to know and kind of a feather in our hat. Were you pointed here by a company rep, dealer, etc?

Frustrating as it is, it has been well known to the long timers here on the forums that Forest River's first response it to direct you to their dealer network.
Ah yes there dealer network! That might work if you purchased your unit from the dealer you are requesting service from. The FR dealer in my area won't give you the time of day if you didn't purchase from them. Some of us have bought elsewhere to save $K's and some of us have moved from the area where we purchased. Dealers are little to no help after the sale.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i stated that the other RV forums were NOT brand-specific.

so the RV forums i frequent have owners of all brands posting there about their issues and problems.
Sorry, I was being snarky. The point I was trying to convey was that no other manufacturer has an owners group and forum with this much help.

All RV are built like US autos from the sixties, that said at least you can get some assistance here and at the rally.

One of the big reasons I went with Forest River was this forum and the owners group.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #50

Mad max, I agree with some of your original post. The part you didn't mention is the fixes. I just read the complaining parts.

If you really want to improve all of what you mentioned you should sell yourself to FR as their internet/ forum guru and help all of us by really fixing the problems.

Hope that wasn't snarking, wasn't meant to be.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
Old 07-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Mad max, I agree with some of your original post. The part you didn't mention is the fixes. I just read the complaining parts.

If you really want to improve all of what you mentioned you should sell yourself to FR as their internet/ forum guru and help all of us by really fixing the problems.

Hope that wasn't snarking, wasn't meant to be.
No problem. I don't work for Forest River or Surveyor. This forum isn't my focus at all. I don't think I stated that anywhere. The forum is currently the most useful technical source available to the customers. That really is the problem.

The last sentence in each section was my recommendation. A well trained IT staff will be able to work as a group to transform those into use cases and build fixes in an iterative process that is pretty much standard business in that field.

Edit: If you were referring to item 15, that was basically a last resort, but it is the way some vehicle manufacturers do business on forums.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
That sounds like a great idea. I gather you would need the right audience from the company, though.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Does anyone know if this subject came up at Goshen?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #54

I am very glad to see the new online manuals that Forest River has implemented!

I understand them only doing the new year models. I hope they keep this up to date and relevant for future FR customers. It is definitely a BIG step in the right direction.

I would love to see them add all appliance manuals, even though those might be had elsewhere. I love the idea of a one stop shop.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/OnlineOwnersManuals/

Edit: I do see the what appears to be the current appliance manual set. It is at the very bottom of the list on the left, sorry. Kudos to FR for working this effort!!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I appreciate the OP's analysis and he is right in whole.
At 47 I am a first time buyer of my 832IKBS and I loath the first time I have to take the trailer in to the dealer. Really should not be that way. If I had one wish it would be that FR and BH invest in its owner community. Streamline their site, provide consistency and good useful data for buyers and owners. And, freakin update the owners manuals/packets to provide more detail instead of generic data that is really a bag of part booklets thrown in. Get out of the '70's and innovate.

Points are made that this forum is not connected to FR. Well that is probably because such a need existed that was not provided that someone else did it! That should have been a lesson right there to correct.

Peace

Sent from my iPad 6 using Forest River Forums
Agree with you 100%
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river