Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #1

Forum Frustration

Do others get that same frustrated feeling I get? Someone posts a topic and members respond with their best info and then nothing its like the info fell into a black hole. There is no response if something worked or didn't or how they solved the problem. I learn allot by how others have solved a problem or come up with a fix or posted a link to a new product. Just wondering.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Do others get that same frustrated feeling I get? Someone posts a topic and members respond with their best info and then nothing its like the info fell into a black hole. There is no response if something worked or didn't or how they solved the problem. I learn allot by how others have solved a problem or come up with a fix or posted a link to a new product. Just wondering.
I have to ! If you want a Post to go on Forever let it be about "Tires/Truck's/Hitch's", they will go on and on,then Someone will start another at the Same time,and it will go on and on! Youroo!!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #3

SeaDog, I have to agree with you. I see this a lot on several different forums that I follow. Sometimes you never find out if suggestions to a problem worked or not. Guess some folks just don't know how to say, or don't care to say, "Thank You, that solved the problem."
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

It's one of the things I've noticed also. Other forums I belong to always give you the end result. Guess folks here really do not care one way or the other. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #5

SeaDog, thanks for bringing that to our attention. I really hadn't thought a lot about it, but have wondered how certain things turned out. My primary thought had been to make certain I thank individuals for information.

In the future I'll try to post the outcome.

Deb
Windjam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #6

I totally agree, it takes so little effort to"close out a post with the solution". I always try to thank the responders and give my final solution. Hopefully, if we do it, others will be encouraged to follow suit!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

I get frustrated when the question is asked.. It is answered then 6 pages later people are bantering back and forth about how one person is wrong and their way is better... Or they do not actually read the posts and start making not so nice comments about someone who answers follow up questions or another person's question... All because they did not or could not reads through the 6 pages of banter!

Too many people are very quick to jump on others whether it is because they "do not know what they are talking about" becasue they do not have the exact trailer or motorhome (because they are all made uniquely from each other).. I have decided to take a step back and anymore I seem to find myself typing something out, thinking about it and saying @#@#@$#@ IT! and deleting it, never responding.

So I do not get jumped for not actually answering the OPs question.. I assume I will never hear back from the person. Many seem to come here because google led them here. They made a question get and answer and move on. They probably did the same on many other boards as well.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #8

I have had awesome experience getting every single question answered, and I've asked a ton. I have enough sense to wade through the chauvinism of those who are just justifying what they already own. The knowledge here is amazing, so far past most (if not all) Dealers and I have yet to ask anything that I didn't get fast, simple, good advice.

And I've tried to respond and thank everyone who gave it. If I missed someone, well........THANKS!

That said, I enjoy a bit of levity as much or more than anyone. Everything in life doesn't have to be dead serious. But there is a balance.

I appreciate that this place exists.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #9

And I thought I was the only person who started to type a response just to give up and delete it....just because i felt it was a thread that any answer is going to get testy.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have had awesome experience getting every single question answered, and I've asked a ton. I have enough sense to wade through the chauvinism of those who are just justifying what they already own. The knowledge here is amazing, so far past most (if not all) Dealers and I have yet to ask anything that I didn't get fast, simple, good advice.

And I've tried to respond and thank everyone who gave it. If I missed someone, well........THANKS!

That said, I enjoy a bit of levity as much or more than anyone. Everything in life doesn't have to be dead serious. But there is a balance.

Well stated.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Well stated.
X2
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Site Team

If I notice that a poster has returned and told what did/didn't work - even on topics in which I have no interest - I sometimes thank them as a way of encouraging all Question Askers to return and post success stories.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

I agree it is a great place full of people from a vast knowledge base. A few do need to take things a bit less serious. This place has grown exponentially since I joined in 06 I think it was...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #14

Topics should have "[Solved]" in them.
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote