Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

FR East to West Brand

We had a Rockwood 2703ws for 5 years and now have a Della Terra 29K2S made by East to West. First year company, under FR. Wondering if anyone else has that brand and any problems you've had.
Had it for three days and have gone through everything I can. Some small problems (mostly cosmetic) and two major. When the water heater was installed they broke the heat duct to the living room. Not going to be an easy fix for the dealer. One slide has entry holes at the bottom by the floor on both ends when closed. The dealer has ordered some stuff under warranty already so hopefully it will be ready when we are.
Anyone have any thoughts on an easy way to keep the aluminum clean. Had it before the Rockwood , had too many delam problems, that's why the change, and still expect the dreaded black streaks.
Thanks
Bob
Old 04-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

East to West

We have purchased a 25KRB. So far we have not had any issues. We have not taken it out yet and now waiting for a blizzard to hit in South Dakota. Might be a couple more weeks. Good luck with the repairs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8023BD25-6E5C-4F0E-A55C-1742D6B71437.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	201338  
ttoomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #3

We're supposed to go for a short trip this weekend if we get it back in time. Let you know about the repairs.
Bob
Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #4

Maybe now with three East to West owners chiming in they may consider adding an East to West Category on the forum.

We also bought the 25KRB in January and took it on a 1300 mile trip in March and it did great. No major issues with it, some minor cosmetic stuff. Check your taillights, the ones they put on ours the covers come off very easy, I put a thin line of caulking on the top seam to hold in place. One stabilizer jack has already pealed paint and is showing rust. WE have only used the heat and not the A/C so I am hoping the one vent to the bedroom is enough to keep it cool with the door closed, but with 15K AC I think it should.

We are very happy with the build and quality of the interior cabinets and doors.

East to West Della Terra 25KRB
camperwes413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #5

Got a call from the dealer and they have to order some pieces parts. Too cold to use it this weekend anyway so they might as well have it. On the Rockwood there was a crank to put slides in if you didn't have any power. They don't have a clue how to do it and the manual says there is a way with a crank that comes with it (maybe). They were the regular Lippert slides so I assumed they would be the same. No hole to engage with the handle. Either of you guys have any idea?
There saying the power loss was a couple of blown fuses when we put the slide in. I question that.
We'll see.
Bob
Old 04-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooiebob View Post
Got a call from the dealer and they have to order some pieces parts. Too cold to use it this weekend anyway so they might as well have it. On the Rockwood there was a crank to put slides in if you didn't have any power. They don't have a clue how to do it and the manual says there is a way with a crank that comes with it (maybe). They were the regular Lippert slides so I assumed they would be the same. No hole to engage with the handle. Either of you guys have any idea?
There saying the power loss was a couple of blown fuses when we put the slide in. I question that.
We'll see.
Bob
Are you sure it's not a Schwintek slideout? There is no manual crank system on them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #7

Thanks for the thought but I'm sure. The Rockwood had a Lippert on one side and the opposing was a Schwintek. These are both lipperts flush floor. Dealer has been great and has sent an email to their rep. Hope to know soon.
Bob
Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #8

Did some research on LCI slides and found the manual. Like I thought, I have to make some openings in the coroplast to get to the trans. with a ratchet and 3/4" socket. Plan on making the openings when the trailer gets back from the dealer. Might as well have it done ahead of time.
Bob
Old 04-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #9

Another East to West owner here. Picking up my 29KRK on Wednesday from Jeff Couch RV Nation outside of Cincinnatti, Ohio. That's a lonnnnnnng way from San Antonio, Texas but the savings was huge, so for us its well worth it. Good thing is, we'll be able to give it a thorough shake-down on the way home. I'll do a short trip report when we return.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #10

Welcome to the East to West crew. Again we love ours. Hope you enjoy your new RV and I am envious that you get to shake it down on a long trip. Have fun and safe travels.

East to West Della Terra 25KRB
camperwes413 is offline   Reply With Quote