Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #1

FR Lite Weights quality compared to other FR Units?

We have a Rockwood 8265S 5th wheel and I was just wondering how it compared quality wise to Forest River's other brands of towable units. I was at the dealer the other day, and went in a Wildcat 27RL 5th wheel and checked it out. It seemed to have a little bit nicer interior than our Rockwood but not by a bunch. Our trailer has practically every option available including the black tank flush, electric fireplace, ceiling fan, and heated mattress. Do the Wildcats, for example offer options that you can't get on the Rockwood/Flagstaff line. I do realize the main difference between the Rockwood/Flagstaff line of towables and FR other brands is that the Ultra Lites have a full aluminum frame (including roof joist) where the Wildcats, for example have a wood frame.
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #2

My wife & pick the Wildcat 31TS. It floor plan is what sold use. Quality is about what you pay for in a Mid-level 5TH wheel. IT pull ok , we have the Trail-Air pin Box. As for the roof joist, Some say the Aluminum is like a heat sink in the cold. We have own TT & 5th for 30yr now. We just pick what work for us & we think will last. Most of trailer are coming with a little more stander stuff . What I would look at is REFG, AC, Water heat, Axle , furnace & slid out . We had a HR TT All Aluminum frame, but to get a cup of all thing in the morning , I had to step on everyone to get there. Get what work for you & enjoy.

Tags
5th wheel