Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Frustrated v2.0

Sorry in advance for this long post but I am getting more than a little frustrated with my dealer and I need to blow off some steam. I don't know why some dealers have such poor customer relations and downright lie to them.

I placed an order for a Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 at a show in Cleveland with a local dealer in the first week in January. I was told at the time that it should be in by mid-March. I wasn't too concerned because we couldn't go camping anyway during the winter months. During that time, I joined this forum and read up as much as I could about my model trailer and FR units in general so I was fairly content. I would also check in with my dealer every few weeks just to see if there was any "news" and they kept saying it was ordered and on target for delivery for mid-March.

Well mid-March came and went and the dealer had the same story "it will be in in a week or two." It finally got to the point where I called FR themselves and they told me it would come off the line on April 10th. They also indicated that the trailer wasn't ordered as early as I thought. So I called the dealer who expressed surprise but said "it will be in in a week or two."

Fast forward to last week and I called FR again and they indicated the unit is done and dispatched for delivery. They said to call my dealer as they can sometimes have their rep expeditite the shipment. So I called the dealer (reluctantly) and they immediately said to my disbelief "that they called FR and it is scheduled to come off the line in a couple days and it will be in in a week or two after that." I told them that I knew that wasn't true and asked them to contact their rep to expedite the shipment. They said they would and will call me back. I am still waiting on that call back. In the meantime, another user on this forum placed an order after mine from RV Wholesalers and he got his unit in late Feb/early March and has already been on some camping trips. I guess that's what I get for supporting my local dealer and not RVW. No wonder they worry about these on-line wholesalers...

Again, sorry about the long post. I normally am pretty brief and this is my one exception.

punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
I FEEL YOUR PAIN I to got d@#$ around about dates. I was supposed to have mine mid April and it still isn't off line yet . They said the week of the 14th I to called the factory and got the off line date before my dealer did.
2016 Rockwood 8310SS signature ultra light
2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow pkg.
HIDE OUT is offline   Reply With Quote