Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by kansasroo21 View Post
The previous owner of the trailer has everything put together so that is basically a 220 plug coming off the trailer, something that looks like you could plug it into a wall outlet for your electric dryer.

Bigger rigs are set up 50 amp service, where there are 2 110 volt legs, not 220 volts !! I don't know why the previous owner would rig a 50 amp setup for a smaller camper. If you are not familiar with electricity, then you might want to get an electrician to check out your system.

On another note, a standard 30 amp camper plug could be mistaken for something different. Before messing with the electricity, why don't you post a picture with the plug here, for some advice on exactly what you have......but not by me, as I am electrical illiterate.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
mtnguy, good point and thank you. I am 75% sure it is 30 amp, but I will heed the advice and get some pics and post them. We park the TT at a friends house, and at my age I will have to take several pics just to remember what options we have for future discussions and postings. LOL

kansasroo21 is offline   Reply With Quote