Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
Use carriage bolts to secure a steel plate to the bottom of the generator frame with the nuts down. The plate should extend about two feet beyond the outside of the frame. Position the generator, then park your vehicle with the tire resting on the plate. ...
I've seen that method before, but a downside is it only takes a jack to defeat the plate and everyone has a jack.

Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
TV is SUV. Do you remember who made the boxes? A manufactured product would be ideal.
Where do you carry the Hondas? In the SUV or Trailer? What about the (Gas Smell) from fuel tanks and cans? Youroo!!

Old 01-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #23

Is it possible to run the generator in truck bed with a shell on it. I have long screens down the side and the tailgate locks. Or would it fume up the back of the truck to the point of not enough oxygen to allow the generator to work?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Is it possible to run the generator in truck bed with a shell on it. I have long screens down the side and the tailgate locks. Or would it fume up the back of the truck to the point of not enough oxygen to allow the generator to work?
If screens are Open you will NOT starve the Gen. Just do Not be inside the Truck! Youroo!!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #25

Generators in Truck Stop

Youroo, this is what I am trying to find out also from someone with experience. I expect they will be in the storage compartment. .the only thing is that this is right under the bed.

Passed a guy using one of these generators outside a store with an overhang. it seemed like the fumes were strong, even 10 feet away from the generator when it was running.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Youroo, this is what I am trying to find out also from someone with experience. I expect they will be in the storage compartment. .the only thing is that this is right under the bed.

Passed a guy using one of these generators outside a store with an overhang. it seemed like the fumes were strong, even 10 feet away from the generator when it was running.
We have (2) diff.issues going on here at the same time it makes it confusing! Now in regards to where you haul the gennys,there is a (Good Chance) that gas vapors will escape! That said,when a (Engine) is running they are putting out (Deadly Fumes)! The (Deadly Fumes) cant always be (Detected/Smelled) by Humans,some Engines run very (Clean?) but are also (DEADLY)! Just remember (Engine Exhaust) is DEADLY! Youroo!!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #27

For what it's worth, I store my Honda in the front storage compartment of the 5th wheel. There is just a hint of gasoline smell sometimes when I first open the door, but that compartment is somewhat open with landing gear passages and a few other holes. When I run the generator, where I put it depends on conditions. I usually chain it to the landing gear leg and put the generator under my open truck tailgate (keeps it dry in a moderate rain). Sometimes I put it under the 5er's hitch if the wind is blowing consistently or if I will be driving the truck away. I'm very cautious about this setup because of the possibility of carbon monoxide getting into the camper. The bit of noise has never been a concern for me.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
For what it's worth, the 5th wheel trailers that come with generators permanently installed normally have them in the front storage area, with an exhaust pipe simply exiting the side of the RV. I'm sure TT's and MH's are similar.

Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, truck