Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
GlideRide vs Trail Air

So I wanted to ask about Glide-Ride vs TrailAir. I talked to my dealer and he can get both (Demco is 7 miles away). Anyhow I seemed to rock the camper pretty bad on the way home and noticed cabinets open and coach moved around. I did not get the girl above 60mph and the roads were not that rough. Anyhow time to look at a new pin box. Both units will cost me around 600 bucks so that is a wash as well.

I noticed that Trail Air is coming standard on some units now so should I lean that way? I am more of a mechanical linkage lover than air though so tough tough. Any help is appretiated.

Push pull not up down movement FYI

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4
Edge Juice w/ Attitude
2005 FR Grand Surveyor 273RL 5er
B&W Turnover ball
B&W Companion (5er attachment)
twakefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Commercial Member
I have the Fifth Airborne and it works well.

Steve and Vicki
2 kids
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD Outdoorsman
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
Hmm, wish more posts were here. I am looking to put 5th on as well, but noticed that Excel RV's are now putting Demco on. We are just upgrading to the Cedar Creek 35' from our Wildcat 28' and on our last trip to PA we noticed that quite a bit of bouncing around was experienced. I know for sure a lot of front/back, pretty sure trailer was bouncing around as well. All in all, the 5th seems to have the most backed up data (e.g., scientific evidence), but I "feel" like a informal poll would say that most folks would give "Trailair" the thumbs up. I guess it is all in what you need (front/back, up/down or both)
2004 Chevy 3500 CC D/A DRW LWB, Line-X, Edge Juice w/Attitude, Putco Boss Bars W2W, B&W Turnover Gooseneck w/5th Wheel Companion

2009 Crdar Creek Silverback - 35L4QB - 5th Airborne Pin
magratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
I just finished putting on the 5th Airborne pin box. What a difference between that and the solid pin box. I did alot of research between Trail Air and 5th ab. It seems 5th ab will cover both the up and down moton and the "chucking". Somewhat easy to install purchased it from "tweeties"
3500 Ram 5.9l diesel
08 35 RLT Cardinal
5th Airborne Pin Box
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
I have a 3555bhq and pull it with a short bed f250 with a sliding hitch. I am looking into getting the Trailair triglide and am worried about clearance issues when turning and with the sliding hitch in the rear position. Can anyone give me some advice?
Prime Power is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel