Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #1

Heavy furniture damage

Heavy recliners with the small plastic/rubber pads will cause dimples in the soft,(luan,styrofoam,luan) floors of (Flagstaff/Rockwood) units. This will show in units where linoleum is,carpet will mask the dimples. Larger pads placed where the small pads will help this problem. Youroo!!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #2

I tried to bring the subject up, and no one wanted to talk about it!
But I think it is important that owners of these campers know that the floors can be damaged, and there is no real repair. Once the luan has crushed the styrofoam underneath, it is permanent.
And I own one!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG View Post
I tried to bring the subject up, and no one wanted to talk about it!
But I think it is important that owners of these campers know that the floors can be damaged, and there is no real repair. Once the luan has crushed the styrofoam underneath, it is permanent.
And I own one!
Yes,some people are in denial! Youroo!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #4

And still no one wants to even consider that their wonderful camper may not be perfect!
One spot that concerns me is the landing at the foot of the bedroom stairs in our fifth. Even if one tries, it is hard to not land fairly heavily on the floor. I can see, over time, that the repeated impacts on the floor may compress the styrofoam in that spot, and we will end up with a dent in the floor there.
I also bought a special step ladder with larger feet to use inside the camper. Some step ladders have very sharp feet, and I could see that easily punching through the very thin luan under the vinyl.
I think that, with care, these campers are quite servicable, but one should not ignore the potential for problems!