Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Heritage Glen vs Salem Hemisphere - price difference?

The CFO and I are looking for a 5er to replace our DP Motorhome. We really like the 356QB floor plans, but have found price discrepancy between the two different brands. The HG seems to be priced lower than the SH, but we like the SH colors style better and the selling dealer is closer.

Are there any differences (options appear to be equal) that could be driving the price up $5k? I realize I am looking at pricing on the Internet, but figured I would ask the forum before dealing with the Salem Hemisphere dealer. Is there reason to believe that any price I can get on the Heritage, the Salem dealer should be able to match?

Thanks in advance!
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Should be the same on both brands just rebadged to give dealers exclusive brands they offer over others.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:24 AM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

They should be the same...although we liked our Heritage Glen better than the Salem Hemisphere that we originally were going to buy....plus the Heritage Glen ended up being cheaper with more features than the Hemisphere.....I think pricing is going to be dealer specific as in play the 2 dealers off each other.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #4

I liked this site when we were looking: See Dealer Cost

The MSRP for our Columbus was right on and we got it for 35% off the MSRP. Felt good to us so we did it. I have heard others getting more and others less.

If the MSRP on the trailers are much different then I would guess there might be some other hidden reasons for the cost difference. Either way good luck.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #5

Thanks for the site.

Looks like the HG 356QB MSRP is $48,517. The dealer shows it on their site at $38,995. We haven't talked numbers yet, but can I reasonably expect to buy this unit for $35k?

Never bought a new RV, so learning as I go.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Thanks for the site.

Looks like the HG 356QB MSRP is $48,517. The dealer shows it on their site at $38,995. We haven't talked numbers yet, but can I reasonably expect to buy this unit for $35k?

Never bought a new RV, so learning as I go.
I would think you should get it at least 33% off MSRP. That is what I have always heard. I got our Columbus at 34%. I have heard other getting more. Wife and I are very happy with everything so all is good for us.

So with the MSRP at 48,517 x .33 = 16010.61 OFF. That would take it to 48,517 - 16,010 = 32,507.

Not sure they will instantly do that but if you are not in a hurry you can always start at 30,000 and see where it takes you. Can't hurt to try.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #7

Once again.... Thanks for your input!

Man. This keeps getting harder. Finding what meets our wants is tough!

Wife - king size bed, at least 1.5 baths, residential refer.

Me - relatively light weight with a leveling system!

The sandpiper 365SAQB fits all the needs but the weight.

Anyone know if an auto leveling system can be added (or ordered) on the HG?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Once again.... Thanks for your input!

Man. This keeps getting harder. Finding what meets our wants is tough!

Wife - king size bed, at least 1.5 baths, residential refer.

Me - relatively light weight with a leveling system!

The sandpiper 365SAQB fits all the needs but the weight.

Anyone know if an auto leveling system can be added (or ordered) on the HG?

Sandpiper 365saqb will fit all those needs except for weight, but it's an axe some unit though, that gets my vote, but I'm partial to them

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #9

Well.... The saga continues! We looked at some again today. I think we have it narrowed down to two.

The Sandpiper 365SAQB. Meets all wants.

The Sandpiper 371REBH. Looses the 1/2 bath and outdoor kitchen, but gives more interior living space.

Heading to another dealer tomorrow that has allot better advertised prices, and may just leave a little lighter in the wallet.

I have not been happy with their over the phone trade in value of my DP, but I just might have lucked up and sold it tonight to a friend.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #10
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Well.... The saga continues! We looked at some again today. I think we have it narrowed down to two.

The Sandpiper 371REBH. Looses the 1/2 bath and outdoor kitchen, but gives more interior living space.

Heading to another dealer tomorrow that has allot better advertised prices, and may just leave a little lighter in the wallet.

I have not been happy with their over the phone trade in value of my DP, but I just might have lucked up and sold it tonight to a friend.
I have always been told get the unit of your dreams, because if you don't you will end up buying it in the end anyways and a significant trade in cost to you.

Sounds like you need to go with the 356aqb.

Just my $0.02
Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 AM   #11
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:

Sandpiper / sierra 5ers, both the 376 and the 385 were my runner ups when i ordered our Palomino Sabre. I liked the Sierra's colors at the time (almost 2 years ago ) but sandpiper has a nice tan exterior now.
I would have recommended the 36qbok Sabre. Its almost identical, or pretty close to the sandpiper/sierra 365saqb.
......but sabre was just moved to a FR line instead of being a palomino line, so i don't know how they rank.

I think the sandpiper/sierra's and the palomino sabres, are alot better, but heavier campers than the hg and salem. Just from what i have seen.....7k axles instead of 6k....etc.

Good luck and have fun shopping!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I have always been told get the unit of your dreams, because if you don't you will end up buying it in the end anyways and a significant trade in cost to you.

Sounds like you need to go with the 356aqb.

Just my $0.02

I agree with this, went through two trailers trying for a cheaper 365saqb, ended up with the real thing cause they're just the cats meow

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #13

Well.... Ended up with a Sandpiper 376BHOK. That was one we had never considered, but when we actually walked in one we knew it was the right one.

Delivery should be next Saturday.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #14
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Well.... Ended up with a Sandpiper 376BHOK. That was one we had never considered, but when we actually walked in one we knew it was the right one.

That's a beauty....did you make out ok on the weight??
Old 02-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #15
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:

Cool!
I really liked that floor plan too!!
Its pretty pin heavy though if i remember correctly, but I've seen a few people pull them with 3/4 tons.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #16

Thanks guys.

I'm gonna be over, but only for a trip or two. If my 2500 hd doesn't seem to like the weight then I'll put it up for sale and keep my eyes open for a DRW. But honestly.... The campgrounds are full of 3/4 tons pulling heavier units so we decided to go with the fiver we wanted and decide on the truck situation based on how it did.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #17
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I'm gonna be over, but only for a trip or two. If my 2500 hd doesn't seem to like the weight then I'll put it up for sale and keep my eyes open for a DRW. But honestly.... The campgrounds are full of 3/4 tons pulling heavier units so we decided to go with the fiver we wanted and decide on the truck situation based on how it did.
Smart move all the way around...enjoy your new rig!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #18

Congrats on the new 5er.

Keep your truck tires aired up to the max. It will probably be your rear axle weight that is over and tires are generally the limiting factor.

Depending on the year and body style on your F250, you may come in under numbers.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem