Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #91
[QUOTE]RockfordRoo, I had the hot water valve replaced today under warranty by the dealer & they used a brass valve. Didn't see how they did it so what is involved with changing the valve as I would like to have a spare in case it happens again? /QUOTE]

First you have to get the factory "hose clamps" off. The factory clamps aren't normal hose clamps that you screw to tighten. Instead they are somehow crimped on. They're a PITA to get off. I used a Vice Grip to grab them and twist and bend them until I got them off. When I installed the lousy brass valve last year, I just used normal screw-to-tighten hose clamps. However, the new plastic valves I just put in had a screw on knob that tightened over the hose, kind of like a swage-lok fitting. You had to put the knob over the hose before you pushed the hose onto the valve fitting, then screw the knob down onto the valve fitting. No clamps involved. (Don't know how well they'll hold with pressure, I guess we'll see.) Sorry, I didn't take pics, but it's similar to this one, only not a 3-way:

You can see the "knobs" you tighten to hold the hose to the valve.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #92
One year next month and no problems with our 2703WD

Danny & Darlene
2002 Silverado 1500HD
2014 Rockwood 2703WS 'Emerald Pkg'
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #93
Bought a 2014 Rockwood 8280WS, first outing was a 2 week, 2500 mile trip a few weeks ago. No issues, everything works flawlessly. Purchased it sight-unseen from RV Wholesalers, who delivered it to my door.

Big Bad Wolf - '15 Dodge Ram 2500HD 6.7 CTD / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Nights camped 2015: 25
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #94
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by masarost View Post
Like almost anything that expensive, big and lots of systems, something is bound to be wrong.

Yes, I too had issues when I bought new.
SO...question? Did you have problems with your house when you bought it? Did they fix it? Cool!

Rinse and repeat with your RV - It's a HOUSE! Doh!

(Oh, no problems with ours...we have a KILLER RV Dealer )
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #95
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore View Post
We purchased a Rpod 4 years ago with no problems the two years we had it then we traded up to a Surveyor SP 240 and have not had any problems with it. Couple of screws needed tightening but other than that no real problems. Love camping in our TT
Attachment 45646
I see a problem. .....
Your dw has no "cocktail" while eating popcorn and your jacking around snapping off photos!

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #96
How many have bought a new camper and have had no problems?

We bought ours new and have only had very minor "fix it yourself" type issues. 1) We had some rubber trim around the front cap come loose and was flapping in the wind. We were able to "tuck" it back into the groves but a little ways down the road, it came loose again. Called Dealer just to ask what product I should use to secure it and was told I would void my warranty if I did anything to it and I should take it back in for them to repair. They said they couldn't get to it for 6 weeks. It was only trim covering screws for goodness sakes so I called Coachmen...they told me I would not void warranty and suggested sealant-product to use to fix. Purchased sealant and fixed in less than 10 minutes. No sense in waiting 6 weeks...that is just ignorant for something so simple! 2) screws came out during travel on the fender skit on one side. We noticed it when we arrived home after a trip...bought new ones and fixed. Even added a couple of extras for added security. Nothing has required going back to the dealer for warranty work. I consider ourselves lucky and we are very pleased with our purchase. We did "think" we had sprung a leak somewhere because water got in our basement during a recent trip. It ended up being caused from a new water filter we were using and no leaks were found in the plumbing. Removed the water more leaks. Bought different filter and no leaks thus far. A thorough PDI on a rainy day caught two leaky windows...they were fixed before we drove off the lot. Everything else in the trailer has been flawless thus far. Well, all except for the tires but that is a whole different story. They have been replaced and thankfully no damage was done.

Oh, one fault of anyone but US...we are having a little bit of drag in our landing gear but seriously believe it is due to a BIG stupid mistake we made ourselves. You know, it is very important to loosen the T's on the JT. Strongarms before trying to raise or lower the landing gear. It will move if you don't (even while you scratch your head wondering what the heck is wrong and why is it going so much slower) but it does stress the motor! Thankfully, ours is still working...just lagging a bit and should probably be replaced soon. Expensive lesson but love the Strongarms!
ddschuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #97
Bought ours new in 2011 and had only minor problems that we knew of, stereo didn't work just right, nothing major. Shower needed resealed, again nothing major. Second trip out the microwave had problems, they replaced it no problems. The one thing that was replaced that had a problem that we didn't know about was the axles where bad, they replaced both axles and tires.
Would I buy from them again?????? You bet I would and I do recommend their products to others.
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #98
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
No problems whatsoever since that I didn't cause like the 110v water heater element burning out in Nov 13 because I drained the tank and cleaned the anode with the 110 switch left on.
I did the same thing on my old TT.. Leason learned.... I always carry a spare now.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #99
New Flagstaff Microlite 23LB and have only had 3 minor issues with water leaks. Just had to tighten the fittings on the intake water line to the toilet; outgoing water line on the water pump, and then line out on the right side of the sink. Very minor after 2 trips!
cjfquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #100
With our 2006 kz coyote we had very few issues. Nothing significant new and nothing beyond a tent repair warranty item. Over life of the unit Most things were just cheap things eventually breaking ... Then we replaced them .... Faucet, shower.

We just got a brand new wildcat fifth wheel and the broken front landing gear after 3 uses is about the worst thing imaginable for a camp your way home new rv experience. Next time I'd give it a lot more extensive pdi test.

Taybrynn is offline   Reply With Quote