Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8white View Post
They told me that my vehicle insurance covers my 5th wheel therefore I dont have to carry an insurance card for my 5th wheel. Is this correct?
All my ins. companies give out cards
I have trk ins, and trl. ins. and extended warrranty if not for the trl. ins i would have had to pay for act of nature awning at 1900 bucks trk doesn't do it nor extended will, i use Thum Ins. out of Mich. their good and easy to work with and a decending deductable every year with no claims. I use Star Interstate Diamond 100 ded. for the warranty through RV Direct in Albany NY. Also very good need work go anywhere put down the card and get the work done.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #22

USAA told me the same. They also recommended I go with progressive as the coverage is better. I forgot what the exact details were but the USAA agent convinced me to go with Progressive. I have a 5th wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Scootdawg,

Being outsourced to Progressive depends on what type of RV you own. Our travel trailer is under USAA. Anything with a motor in it, Class A / B / C is farmed out. But towed trailers can be covered by USAA. It saved us a bit of money when I called back USAA, and got a different representative, who clarified that for us....
nineback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #23

I insure with State Farm. And, they DO include a card on the 5er. When parked, the 5er is covered by my homeowner's insurance.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #24

USAA does not issue a separate insurance card. Having an issue as I lost my 5th wheel last Monday in South Dakota due to a 50mph wind gust....had a goose neck hitch , so didn't flip the truck. ISSUES : only pay $250.00 for loss of contents-------do not pay for any motel bills-------do not pay for U-Haul to transport your belongings-----What I am trying to say is that you NEED TO CHECK your policy , especially if it is just added onto your auto policy
2012 40' Sanibel
Speed limit 65 , Fords & Chevys , do your best
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #25

When I called these were some of the things the agent told me and there were other ones that made it an easy decision to go with an RV specific policy. Like you said you had better check your policy especially with USAA. I am a fan of USAA and have been with them for 40 years but just not for RV insurance on a 5th wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chevy View Post
USAA does not issue a separate insurance card. Having an issue as I lost my 5th wheel last Monday in South Dakota due to a 50mph wind gust....had a goose neck hitch , so didn't flip the truck. ISSUES : only pay $250.00 for loss of contents-------do not pay for any motel bills-------do not pay for U-Haul to transport your belongings-----What I am trying to say is that you NEED TO CHECK your policy , especially if it is just added onto your auto policy
nineback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #26

been with them for 34 yrs. they have definitely changed in the past few years....wish that when I added my 5th wheel they would have given me some of the information others have said they were given
2012 40' Sanibel
Speed limit 65 , Fords & Chevys , do your best
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #27

Have General refer to me by Good Sam's. They do not issue cards for tt either, but did email me a proof of insurance with phone numbers, policy numbers etc as we were leaving on an extended trip. Keep it in the TV. Policy covers at home, mainly dedetubile. At campgrounds, and supplements while on the road. Covers rental and towing of both vehicles. Txt contents are covered as well. Bottom line as mentioned above get a letter or email with policy info and contact numbers, keep it with you.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, wheel