Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle vs Wildcat

OK home from the Hershey RV Show. Needless to say information overload.
DH and I hopefully be F/T RV, Work Camp individuals by next year. That said here is our situation: 2015 F250 6.2 lt V 8. Gear ratio 3.73. GVWR 12,500. Dry Weight 10,500. Please don't bother mentioning diesel. We are gas owners.

Since DH was out to sea he gave me a list of campers to check out. If I liked the inside ask the salesman there the questions DH wanted to know ( heated belly, ducted a/c etc.)
So I narrowed it down to two. Jayco and Wildcat. I would say Wildcat would be the winner but the bedroom sucked. Love the side Patio! Maybe when we are ready to buy the bedroom will change. Now for the Jayco. We had a Jayco Pop Up and loved it. Never had problems. DH is leaning towards Jayco from what he read on their website. Now I am asking from anyone/everyone the good and bad on these two. What I read on FR Forums the customer service is there when you contact them. How is Jayco?
Owning a 5th is a new adventure for us. Always had TT. Big and small. Right now own a R Pod.
Dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #2

Wifey and I owned a Jayco 'Stick and Tin' TT for 10 years and had literally ZERO issues. It had no slide and weighed in at 7600 lbs Gross. It was easily tugged by our Ford Expedition. I thought I read that Jayco started subbing their frames out to Lippert within the last few years. That is a big disappointment.
Other than that, most trailers within the same price point share a lot of the same components from fixtures to faucets etc. Unfortunately whoever bids the cheapest usually wins the contract. It's all about the buck.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 AM   #3

Neighbor 2 doors down got a new 40' Jayco 5th wheel. I went down to see the superior quality of a Jayco unit for myself. I was not impressed.

The quality of materials and fit and finish was no different then my Wildcat. Jayco's sell at a premium and that premium is not justified IMHO.

Get what you like and what is most cost effective for you. If you buy a Jayco now, buy it soon cuz Jayco sold out to Thor which means quality can only get worse.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat