Old 09-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Lazy Boy for our Wildcat

Would like to change out the folding couch in our 24RL to a recliner. I am not sure the is enough room between the rear of the camper and the kitchen counter cabinet?

f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Jan Goldfield
We have a Cherokee 28bh. I removed the 42" couch and found there was not enough room for any recliner unless it was a very expensive specially built RV recliner. So instead of buying one of those, I removed the 8' dinette and now have two cheap Rooms to Go recliners. We are on the road now and the set up is working very well.

Jan Goldfield and Donna Morse
Slidell LA

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Wish I could help, but from the floorplan, looks like it may be a little tight in the reclining position.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
We have a 25RL and just had the dealer take the couch out so we could have a La-Z-Boy recliner instead. We have the "big man" recliner which does fit into the slideout space (along with a TV table) -- no room for anything else in that space but my husband's medical issues make having a comfortable chair a must. The recliner is not a wall hugger so it protrudes into the limited "living room" space but its a choice we willingly made.
Tsunami1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #5

I took the couch out of my 30'QB class C and put in a recliner. I too wondered about whether or not it would fit. Before beginning the project, I picked out a Lazy-boy, (zero clearance) measured it in ALL positions to make sure I had enough room. Caution, zero clearance isn't really zero clearance when fully reclined.
"If everything seems to be going well, look around, you've obviously overlooked something."
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel