Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 PM   #11

Let's see your basement....

I don't think we carry too much stuff, I have just done a poor job of organizing it. I'm going to start fresh with the fiver though. Planning to spend some time and money (not too much) to get it organized.

Coming from a 2002 Pusher, I had to Cary plenty of tools as it seems like something always needed attention. I don't expect that to change much, but the size of the tools will get smaller!

I will miss having a true wet bay, so that is where I am going to focus first.... Figuring out storage for hoses, stinky slinky, etc.

I'm also gonna figure out a good way to mount a TV outside (in the basement or suction to the side wall), as I like to sip beverages watching TV during some of time the rest of the family is on the beach. Not much of a beach person myself.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 02-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I don't think we carry too much stuff, I have just done a poor job of organizing it. I'm going to start fresh with the fiver though. Planning to spend some time and money (not too much) to get it organized.

Coming from a 2002 Pusher, I had to Cary plenty of tools as it seems like something always needed attention. I don't expect that to change much, but the size of the tools will get smaller!

I will miss having a true wet bay, so that is where I am going to focus first.... Figuring out storage for hoses, stinky slinky, etc.

I'm also gonna figure out a good way to mount a TV outside (in the basement or suction to the side wall), as I like to sip beverages watching TV during some of time the rest of the family is on the beach. Not much of a beach person myself.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Your pass through may have a 110 outlet and cable on the door side, toward the rear ~ no sat hook up seen in any yet yet though. Mine is all carpet and I liked the suction idea but still want to keep it inside the pass through. Mine is 32" so it would take a lot of suction anyway.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:24 PM   #13

Yep. 110 outlet and cable jack.

You comment about satellite brings up another question. If I connect a satellite into the cable supply, will I not get signal thought the RV? Or is it because of the splitters used that it won't work?

We have satellite (Directv) at home, but have never taken it on the road with us as Directs satellites make it expensive to get HD on the road (short of a standard parabolic home style dish). We also don't intend to use it on the fiver, but curious anyway.

My thoughts on the TV are either using the GOStik mount above the basement door, or using an articulated arm mount on the inside wall of the basement.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 02-18-2016, 09:51 PM   #14

Not sure but there are always separate cable & sat hookups. In the pass through I have never seen a sat connection but have in a few class A basements. I have mine on an adjustable arm. It stays in but is able to swing out and be adjusted side/side. At a CG a young boy said he wanted to spend the night down there just to watch tv and sleep. He said "just leave the lid open so I can go to the back and pee". Just then his mother came and dragged him to his own camper ~~ he was asking to camp out in their pass through.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Yep. 110 outlet and cable jack.

You comment about satellite brings up another question. If I connect a satellite into the cable supply, will I not get signal thought the RV? Or is it because of the splitters used that it won't work?
The dish to receiver coax needs to be a direct path, no splitters. But if you have an older SD DirectTV box, you can hook the "Out to TV" into the RV coax and send the satelite TV signal throughout.
I have DirectTV and an old 18 in SD dish and 1 SD receiver I keep with a tripod. Works great. Setting up the SD dish is 5 minutes.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #16

OK,,, now I know why I only have sat connections in the living room and bedroom... makes sense. Wonder if both would work at the same time on diff channels,,, but not getting into that. We take several DVDs collected but never watched besides CG cable.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:29 PM   #17

I've been thinking too much about this.... Im determined to figure it out, but will wait until I actually pick it up on Saturday!

We have the Genie and home and also one of the older HD boxes. Never cared about having satellite, but I will now just to see if I can sort it out!

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 02-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Wonder if both would work at the same time on diff channels,
If you have 2 receivers, you should be able to watch 2 different channels. I also have a "satellite" coax in the front BR. I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if there is some type of pass through that lets the satellite LNB signal go to both places. I've already set it up with a receiver in the living room and it works great. I'll have to try the bedroom this weekend. It's going to be in the 70s here today and tomorrow (St Louis winters???)

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #19

Lets see your basements

It would be nice if this thread got back on track with the basements.
I am looking forward to seeing what others have done, to get ideas for my CC basement.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #20
Canadian Contingent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycmpng View Post
It would be nice if this thread got back on track with the basements.
I am looking forward to seeing what others have done, to get ideas for my CC basement.
I'm with you!