Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #1

Leveling 5'er On a Hill

We currently have our 5'er parked in our driveway that slopes from the street down to the house. I figure it is probably a 4/12 pitch...the nose is up in the air and the rear of course is down in the back..not leveled..
The front legs have been marked for maximum extension and maximum retraction...today I tried leveling it by hooking back to the tow vehicle, putting more blocks under the front legs...made a little difference, but not enough....How can I get the nose down within the limits of the front jacks???
LKicklight
Crusader 270 RET
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4617.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	10604  

Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

drive the rear up on blocks wouldn't that help ? then cut a 4x4 angled on the ends to slip in between the tires unless you have something else to lock the wheels ?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #3

Leveling

With the rear that high up, I'm affraid of the height it would have to achieve..already have four 6 x 6 chocks along with X-Locks on one wheel..Think I can probably get the front down by putting more blocks under the front jacks and then retracting the jacks accordingly..I think??
Got any more suggestions?
Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Dig the driveway out ?
You really don't have many options that I can think of . sorry ?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #5

I was expecting a huge slope as 4/12 would normally mean 4 feet elevation in 12 feet distance, such as the roof of a house. I think you meant 4" in 12 feet.

My suggestion would be

1) dig and place concrete where the wheels are going to sit, probably about 4 to 6 inches below the grade,

2) build large blocks for the front jacks that are solid to allow a short extension on your front jacks. The blocks will be more stable than the legs of the jacks.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #6

Deleted...
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
We currently have our 5'er parked in our driveway that slopes from the street down to the house. I figure it is probably a 4/12 pitch...the nose is up in the air and the rear of course is down in the back..not leveled..
The front legs have been marked for maximum extension and maximum retraction...today I tried leveling it by hooking back to the tow vehicle, putting more blocks under the front legs...made a little difference, but not enough....How can I get the nose down within the limits of the front jacks???
LKicklight
Crusader 270 RET
If I am reading this right...it sounds like you have to raise the rear end and lower the front end right ( first paragraph ). If this is so, can you turn the rv around and use the greatest amount of landing gear to level it out? Don't foreget .........chock..chock..chock...
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #8

Slope

Yep, more like a foot of slope not 4..my mistake...think if I can block of the front enough to retract the jacks in far enough, and the get them back up to hook back up to the hitch, should be fine...right now I have two cap blocks under each jacking foot, may need to put another one to make it three high..
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
I was expecting a huge slope as 4/12 would normally mean 4 feet elevation in 12 feet distance, such as the roof of a house. I think you meant 4" in 12 feet.

My suggestion would be

1) dig and place concrete where the wheels are going to sit, probably about 4 to 6 inches below the grade,

2) build large blocks for the front jacks that are solid to allow a short extension on your front jacks. The blocks will be more stable than the legs of the jacks.