Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #1

looking for a new 5th wheel with outdoor kitchen and double pane windows

Hello,

I currently have a 42 foot Heritage Glen, but I am planning to be in it 8 to 9 months a year, so I was looking for something that had a winter package, thicker wall and ceiling insulation, outside kitchen (manditory) and double pane windows. I pull with a 2017 F350 dually, so weight is not an issue.

I was going through the FR RV Finder app, it let me pick the type of rv and length range (35 to 42ft), but no other options. It came back with almost everything. I would have to open up every manufacturer, every design and option to see what floor plan has the options I want.. It is too bad that these are not search options on the FR application.. In Canada, not all manufactures and models are available, so my choices would also be limited by dealers in Canada, but that would be something I could sort out.

Has anyone been looking at 5th wheels with these types of higher end options that could recommend a shorter list to look at?

thanks Jeff in Burlington, Ont
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #2

I cant help you with navigating manufacture web sites but I can tell you this. RV "double pane" windows are a marketing scam. They are not true thermo pane windows like your home. they are simply two single panes of glass with no seal (from my understanding)

would take you 100 years to save back any savings from switching to another unit if you like the unit you have now. the difference would be minimal at best.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
Site Team

You need to look at true 4-season campers, like Arctic Fox or Outdoors RV, not anything from FR.
Very few manufacturers make a TRUE 4-season camper.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

Riverstone or Jayco Pinnacle come to mind.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #5

Neighbors had Open Range with dual pane windows - made a huge difference ....quieter and no window sweating

Sanibel offers dual pane and outside kitchen fifth wheels
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Neighbors had Open Range with dual pane windows - made a huge difference ....quieter and no window sweating

Sanibel offers dual pane and outside kitchen fifth wheels

Sorry dual panes but they dropped outdoor kitchen models according to website ☹️
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Burlington Ont View Post
Hello,

I currently have a 42 foot Heritage Glen, but I am planning to be in it 8 to 9 months a year, so I was looking for something that had a winter package, thicker wall and ceiling insulation, outside kitchen (manditory) and double pane windows. I pull with a 2017 F350 dually, so weight is not an issue.

I was going through the FR RV Finder app, it let me pick the type of rv and length range (35 to 42ft), but no other options. It came back with almost everything. I would have to open up every manufacturer, every design and option to see what floor plan has the options I want.. It is too bad that these are not search options on the FR application.. In Canada, not all manufactures and models are available, so my choices would also be limited by dealers in Canada, but that would be something I could sort out.

Has anyone been looking at 5th wheels with these types of higher end options that could recommend a shorter list to look at?

thanks Jeff in Burlington, Ont
Had dual pane windows in my Montana. Had for 8 years. Loved them. Absolutely no sweating/moisture no matter how cold. Neighbors windows all frosted over, mine clear. Cost abt $1,100 for the option. Felt it was well worth it.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #8

Having problems with the dbl. pane windows in our first Class A, I did not even look at them for our Primetime Sanibel 5th wheel. It has great insulation and by pulling down the day/night shades, a dead air space is created that works very well as an insulator
Old 12-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #9

WOW!!.....when we wanted to trade in our first camper and inquired about double pane windows, the salesman laughed and said we were asking for trouble as a camper is a "rolling hurricane" and in no time we'd have clouded over windows.
JustPutzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #10

I just bought a Coachmen Chaparral and it seems to be pretty well insulated. It was about 26 degrees the other day and we had the heat on inside of it and it was nice and warm. Also all the gate valves and the entire underside of the camper is heated and enclosed.

I also remember looking at Cardinals at the Hershey RV show one year and they were saying that their 5th wheels are 4 season trailers. They were very nice, and very expensive lol.

Tags
5th wheel, door, outdoor kitchen, wheel, window