Old 02-21-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
Looking for a new camper! Tt or 5ther

I have 3 kids and a 4 th one will be here in July. I had a tt 32ft 04 keystone hornet for 1 yr and sold it. Wife wants a new one. We want sleeping room, big shower, and I prefer outdoor kitchen. I am currently looking at a Cherokee 304bh. Looked like it will fit us but man it just looks long! Wife loves it and it has a lot to offer. Price isn't bad either. I looked a a jayco flight 34bhds and felt the same but the Cherokee price point is better. I came across a 5th wheel, 15 cougar 330 rbk and it is priced to sell!!! Wife not so much impressed but me wow. It's a camper I can see keeping for a long time.
Now I buy and sell stuff like crazy. Normally used stuff. So I dnt keep things a long time except my duck boat bout new in 06. I have a 14 2500 ram cummins truck. I want a toy hauler but can't find one that is 30 or lower, fits my polaris ranger crew with the lift and acc on it. I need a 12 ft garage and no more than 1 bed when all the way up top in garage to fit it. And one where our bedroom is sectioned off. We use a camper 2 hrs from our house at a lake. 4 months ahead and then 30 mins from lake to an atv resort.
Is the Cherokee a good camper? Should I bite the bullet and get the 5ther. Price is higher but price on one in low 20 and low 30s on other.

Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
I was in the same boat as you, 4 kids, wife wanted more room. We looked at alot of different floor plans and went with a sierra 380bh5, a bit more money than what you mentioned, but lots of room. We also looked at a cougar 320qbs which was decent, just not a very big bunk house. I can't speak to the Cherokee or a toy hauler

Sent from my SM-N910V

mustardbucket107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
Cherokee is a Good unit,your Wife already likes it,not the 5th! I liked the part about (Our bedroom is sectioned off) =(4) Keep Moma happy or you may sleep alone! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Looking for a new camper! Tt or 5ther

The Cherokee's floor plan looks nice, very similar to our Surveyor's, except our bath is near the bunkhouse in back. We live the kitchen slide, island and u-dinette. Works well for our family and is nice to be able to put the kids in bed for the night while mom and dad watch a movie. Keeps our sanity!

Another thing to add, for us, we camp at the beach most of the time and love having an outside entrance to the bath for those times when the kids are covered in sand they don't track it through the living area

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Surveyor SC321BHTS
2016 Ford F150 Eco
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
Also looking at Wolfpack 315. My ranger crew won't fit but the kids other toys will.
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
we have a tt, 29ftrls Avenger. we love all the extra's in it, but since you have kids I would recommend you get one that has a tub and shower combo. with little ones it's hard to bath them in a shower alone. we are looking for a fifth wheel that is total the same length we have now, because with our steep and curvy driveway, we can't get our current trailer to the house. we are paying monthly fees for a storage area for it. if we had the same thing but in a fifth wheel we could park it here at the house. we have 2 small grand children and only a shower, s(one is 2 1/2 years old, the other is a new born baby) so we would like to get a shower with a tub but have to have height because my hubby is 6'4 and my kids are 6'3' and 6 ft, and I am 5'8. so we need one that sits on the floor not one that is up about 3 ft off the floor like we see in so many models. as soon as we find it we will go with the fifth wheel

ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote