Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #1

looking for similar floorplan as Wildwood 29BHBS....

Hello I am new here and am in the market for a used travel trailer. After many months looking around everywhere. I have found that I am passionately in LOVE with the 2009-2012 Forest River Wildwood 29BHBS floor plan. I went to Camping World in Statesville, NC where I found this model and did some digging afterward to find the floor plan goes back to 2009 with these exact amenities.(The 2008 is a tad different)

Before I went I had a few must haves that this floor plan easily and comfortably provided. My must haves were a front bedroom with doors, back bunk area that slides out (like a separate room), to give some needed floor space that has a couch or half booth under it and I did not want a sofa that stuck out into the room. The bonus on this floor plan that has me hooked are the pantry and storage area next to the fridge, I’ve seen nothing like it before, the amount of storage space is amazing to me and the second doorway in the bathroom is a dream! To me, this is the ultimate travel trailer for my small family! It has everything I wanted.

As I stood in that 2011 model in the sweltering heat of a North Carolina July, I opened both doors and the cross breeze was amazing. I could envision myself and my family in it ALL summer long! Here’s my question. I know finally. Camping Worlds price was 23,000 but the guy said the internet price was 21,000 oh and yeah he was willing to give me a HUGE deal, if I signed right there claiming he "Had his finger on the pulse" (Who says stuff like that? ! ) Then he needed to tack on another “mandatory” $4000 to get me out the door and ready for camping, whatever that means. Did you know that they NEED to charge you extra for the pull bar that attaches the trailer to your tow hitch (don’t know what it’s really called) I mean for goodness sakes, it was already on the trailer when the old owner pulled it in! AND there was still food in the cabinets! Wonder if he was going to try to give me a deal on that too! LOL Needless to say, I walked politely out of the store.

I have since found it around the country at the very lowest, a 2009 model, for 15 thousand-yes I am willing to travel anywhere to get this model if I can get it in a price range I can afford, but sadly all of them are completely out of my price range. Can anyone tell me if there is another model that may have a similar floor plan out there? I know there are thousands of models and someone who knows RVs like the back of their hand may know what I’m talking about. The websites only give the current floor plans, not the older ones. This would be my first trailer and I can only afford a used one. I don’t mind even if I have to fix something either. But I couldn’t very well do a major repair by myself. My husband has just finished his chemo and radiation; therefore any repairs would be on my shoulders until we find out if he is out of the woods. However I am fully willing to pull up my sleeves and dig in to do whatever I can if it means I can provide some desperately needed quality family time for both my husband and I and our 10 year old daughter.

So if you know of a used one or another model with a similar floor plan, doesn’t matter what year, can you send me a link? Thank you for any help you can, I have searched and searched but it’s extremely difficult looking for a specific floor plan in all of the advertisements on the internet.
longislandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandblue View Post

Can anyone tell me if there is another model that may have a similar floor plan out there? I know there are thousands of models and someone who knows RVs like the back of their hand may know what I’m talking about. The websites only give the current floor plans, not the older ones.

I can't help much with your search for similar floorplans, but just in case anyone else can, here is a picture of the floorplan ...

Good luck in your search!!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to frf !
Good luck in your search!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #4

I have to ask, what are you planning to tow that with? The 2010 model has a dry weight of 7695 and a GVWR 11035. You're easily into 3/4 ton territory there, or a max tow Ecoboost.

Have you tried RVs For Sale On RV Trader® - New and Used Fleetwood,Airstream,Winnebago,Keystone,Forest River,Newmar RVs and More-RVTrader.com. I would also check out Craigslist.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote