Old 03-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

Looking to Upgrade

Hi all,
DW and I are looking to upgrade our 24' Wildwood bumper pull to a 5th wheel.
We've ben pleased with our Forest River product and would like to stay loyal FROGS if possible.
So our thoughts are to get something "pre-owned", 2011 or newer. About 28' with a rear kitchen, living room slide and slide in the bedroom.
DW would prefer chairs/recliners to a couch and I'd prefer a table and chairs instead of the usual dinette.
We are not familiar with the trim level differences in the different models but are happy with the Wildwood we have from that stand point.
Looking for any suggestions and advice regarding possible models and options.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1451.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	478.8 KB
ID:	70707  

Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

We have a 2010 Flagstaff 8528 rear kitchen. 30 foot, 7,400 lbs, about 1,100 on the pin. Pull with 1999 GMC 1500 with air shocks, air bags, 3.42 rear end. Consistently 9.5 mpg @ 65, 2,500 rpm in 3rd gear. We've had zero problems with the camper. Rock solid towing, far better than slide in camper pulling boat. Love rear kitchen as you have living activity areas. Wife can cook and has table for extra counter space if needed. Grandkids can play and watch TV in middle, with just the two of us, couch and chairs are across from each other and it's comfortable to see TV without looking over counter or the length of the room like some center kitchen, rear living models. Basement storage is tall enough to easily get our Yamaha 2400 inverter in and plenty more. Plenty of head room in bedroom and bath. 13.5 ducted a/c works fine. Have forgotten bottled water on entertainment center shelf, pulled 80 miles and it hadn't moved. Have yet to see anything move on kitchen counter. Bottom line, no issues of any kind. Pulls great, tracks perfectly, stops fine, rides better than I'd expected. Would recommend this unit or it's Rockwood twin.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #3

Thanks!
Flagstaff is real close.
Would any body know if there is a significant advantage in the different models option and trim packages i.e. Flagstaff, Rockwood, Wildwood etc?? Or, is the name change simply to give dealers some exclusivity?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_0773 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	70721  
Old 03-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #4

Canonman, beautiful pics, just wondering where you took them? Thanks
Old 03-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #5

Canonman, Go to forestriverinc.com and you can compare models and floor plans. Flagstaff and Rockwood are identical, just different names. Wildcat or Wildwood are slightly different units with similar floor plans. Both are heavier.
I need to thank OC and others for all of the advice and help through the learning curve. Once we'd decided what unit to get, watched Craig's List and other sites until one came up within driving distance. Also, our '99 GMC 1500 was a regular cab. Have since upgraded to '15 GMC 2500 crew cab diesel, room for grandkids without taking two vehicles. Haven't pulled with it yet but suspect your Dodge/Ram or our new GMC will tow it effortlessly. We lived in Sandy for 4 years. Have been all over the state and never saw a paved road I'd be concerned about pulling the Flagstaff on.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #6

Thanks for the feed back. We've ben looking on the FR web site and just get more confused.
Pics on this thread were taken on trip through Rocky Mtn N.P.
Beautiful there and more elk than I've ever seen in one area anyplace else
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_1412.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	537.7 KB
ID:	70774  

Tags
upgrade