Old 02-17-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
Lookingfor we camper

Looking for new camper

Newbie to forum, had a 04 keystone hornet 32bd. Sold it Sunday. I liked the camper, but we wanted something different. I have 3 kids, 7,10,13 and 1 on the way in July. Wife wants one nobody has lived in. I am looking at a 15 Cherokee 304bh limited. Wife loves the inside from pics. Price is cheap to me and I wonder how they hold up. If there ok this will probably be the camper we get. I am also looking at a 14 jayco jay flight 33bhts. $4200 more than the other. Wife loves this one as well. Same layout and concept. I have looked at a few others but there more money. I would be interested in a toy hauler. Priced a jayco octane t 31b and getting a price on a wolf pack 315 wp. Again I don't know the quality of the wolf pack or Cherokee. I also looked at a rockwood 5th wheel 8281 ws. I am aware all these campers range from 21k to 36k. And th to tt to 5ther. But I'm trying to way pros and cons. I will be using it for the lake and we trail ride with atvs. Any info on Cherokee or Wolfpack or rockwood would be appreciated. Or any other styles like I'm looking for. I'd rather spend 25 than 35k but I am aware you pay for what u get. Thanks

Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
Search for sierra 355QBQ around 30k but we love our bunkhouse it's a 5er and only have the grandson (that's why TLW wanted it) . I would recommend a one ton to pull it.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
I've been a Rockwood 8281ws owner since Nov. We have been on a couple trips and enjoyed it. It is no toy hauler though. I bought a camper to pull with my F150. I did not want to buy a new truck. The bunk is nice and the kids have their own 1/2 bath. It is built to light weight specs so adding hitches and cargo trays is not an option. It is a nice unit though.
2014 Rockwood 8281WS
2011 F150 4x4, 5.0, 3.73 rear
ddt111 is offline   Reply With Quote