Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #1

Manufacturer's Warranty

I been reading a number of posts lately about problems that were/are covered under the manufacturers warranty. Did anyone get an actual written warranty from Forest River on their trailer? How about the 12 year warranty on the rubber roof, anyone have that in writing?

I have the old warranty paperwork on things like the awning, furnace, refrig, water heater, etc., but I donít have anything on the trailer itself. When I bought my Wildcat the second year warranty was thrown in for free, but I didnít get anything in writing. I have nothing in writing from either Forest River or Wildcat.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Honda 2000i genny
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #2

As far as the second year warranty extension is concerned, Forest River sends back a signed copy of the application that was submitted. This is your "proof of purchase". I would ask your dealer for the copy. It might also be simply part of your dealers computer record of the deal. We recently had some second year warranty work approved, and during the initial phase of the work required inspection, I was simply asked if the trailer was under warranty, to which I responded "yes, the 2nd year optional that we purchased". I was never asked to produce the proof of purchase.

...VTX-AL

Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #3

No, I'm not talking about proof of purchase. I'm talking about a written warranty that spells out exactly what is covered and for how long. My unit is out of warranty anyway, with the exception of the rubber roof. I was just wondering if anyone ever received a written warranty like you do with a car or a truck.

I think the next time I go looking at fifth wheels, I'll ask to see the warranty on the unit.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Honda 2000i genny
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
No, I'm not talking about proof of purchase. I'm talking about a written warranty that spells out exactly what is covered and for how long. My unit is out of warranty anyway, with the exception of the rubber roof. I was just wondering if anyone ever received a written warranty like you do with a car or a truck.

I think the next time I go looking at fifth wheels, I'll ask to see the warranty on the unit.
The written warranty statement (such as it is) is located inside the Owners Manual. I believe it's the inside front cover but can't check it for sure as our trailer is at a storage facility right now.

...VTX-AL
Old 05-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

Here is what came with our TT:

Forest River Warranty FR_Warranty.pdf

Alpha Roof 12-yr Warranty (page 2 has the cleaning instructions) Alpha_Roof.pdf

I also found this list of Components Manufacturers along with phone #s and website (if any) FR Components Mfg.pdf
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote