Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
Scotsman

Maxxair Fan Vent

I have a three year old 5th wheel Signature Ultra lite and I need to order a part for the kitchen Maxxair vent fan. I have looked everywhere on the internet but have not found any site to order parts for the fan. I sent an e-mail to Maxxair, just waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone found parts for their Maxxair fans and if so were did you order them from? The part might be worth $10.00 so I don't want to have to buy a whole new fan. Any ideas out there? Thanks for any info.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #2

The owners manual has a parts breakdown and parts can be ordered from the manufacturer. I've also found some parts on Amazon and Etrailer.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #3

I'm interested in this thread because I would like to replace the whole thing, when the admiral sets fire to our dinner the extractor does not cope and the smoke alarm goes off and its so high in our 5th wheel it takes ten minutes of waving a towel to stop it.

A better extractor would improve life, honestly, so if you find something that's better please let me know

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
I'm interested in this thread because I would like to replace the whole thing, when the admiral sets fire to our dinner the extractor does not cope and the smoke alarm goes off and its so high in our 5th wheel it takes ten minutes of waving a towel to stop it.

A better extractor would improve life, honestly, so if you find something that's better please let me know
Wow... That's a brave thing to post on the internet.. Value your life much? LOL

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Wow... That's a brave thing to post on the internet.. Value your life much? LOL
Don't worry, she gets her own back believe me

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Old 12-18-2017, 05:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post

IMHO there is nothing better than the Maxxair vents. I replaced all 3 of our "stock" ones with the Maxxairs and we love them.

If you have 2 vents in your 5er, I recommend replacing both because a nice feature of the Maxxaire is you can set one on air out and the other on air in and you create a very nice air flow throughout your coach.

We got the Maxxair 7500K's because we wanted the remote controls - with our high ceilings, my wife was not able to reach the roof mounted controls. You can get them in either black or white depending on the roof hardware you already have installed.

Here is a link to the unit on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
IMHO there is nothing better than the Maxxair vents. I replaced all 3 of our "stock" ones with the Maxxairs and we love them.

Here is a link to the unit on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks BamaBob, I will have a look at those.

Tags
fan, vent