Old 05-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #1

MaxxFan runs on speeds 1 & 4, shuts off on speeds 2 & 3

I have a manual MaxxFan in my 2019 Flagstaff E-Pro. The fan has two buttons, "FAN-ON 1-2-3-4" and "FAN OFF". On our first trip out this past weekend, the fan would only operate normally on speeds 1 and 4. If you pressed the FAN-ON button 2 or 3 times to run at those speeds, the fan would increase to the correct speed, run for 3-5 seconds and then shut off.

I reached out to Maxxair who said they've never seen that before. I'm curious to know if anyone here has experienced that.

Looick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looick View Post
I have a manual MaxxFan in my 2019 Flagstaff E-Pro. The fan has two buttons, "FAN-ON 1-2-3-4" and "FAN OFF". On our first trip out this past weekend, the fan would only operate normally on speeds 1 and 4. If you pressed the FAN-ON button 2 or 3 times to run at those speeds, the fan would increase to the correct speed, run for 3-5 seconds and then shut off.

I reached out to Maxxair who said they've never seen that before. I'm curious to know if anyone here has experienced that.
Yes, had the same thing happen first time out with our 19 2511s mini lite. Mentioned it to dealer while in for a few minor warranty issues, of course I couldn't recreate the scenario and it has worked fine since. My guess it was the campground electrical service messing with the speed control.

Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme View Post
Yes, had the same thing happen first time out with our 19 2511s mini lite. Mentioned it to dealer while in for a few minor warranty issues, of course I couldn't recreate the scenario and it has worked fine since. My guess it was the campground electrical service messing with the speed control.
After a bit more testing, I'm seeing something similar. When running off batts alone, the fan operates correctly at all speeds. When plugged into any electric service, just speeds 1 and 4 work. I've tested this now at two other campgrounds and plugged in at home, both with and without an EMS.
Looick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan