Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #1

Models

Why all the different models? Are they different trim levels? Is there a comparison on the web?
Happy New Year to all.
rvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #2

Dont understand the question
bigdaddy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvenneman
Why all the different models? Are they different trim levels? Is there a comparison on the web?
Happy New Year to all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy23
Dont understand the question
I see Forest River has 6 or 7 different models to choose from, Salem, Blue Ridge, etc. I am trying to figure out if there are similarities among the models and the difference being with the trim, or quality of materials used for the finished product. Just as a Honda, for example, has a Dl, El, DX, GL, etc. Where the basic car is the same, and then the difference is the material used for the carpets, seats, headliner, etc.

When i lived in Oregon, I had a Salem Lite. It was a good trailer, structurally sound, but the materials used for the seats, chairs, sink and stove were economy. If did everything we needed it to do for weekend camping excursions.

I am thinking of purchasing a 5th Wheel and perhaps spending six months living in it. So I want something with some quality, and not have to physically look at every model.
rvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #4

JMHO, but if I was going to be staying in it for 6 months at a time I would probably look at the Blue Ridge, Cardinal or Cedar Creek lines.

Keep in mind, no matter what you buy you will most likely have some issues.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide on and why.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #5

I think you answered your own question. Manufacturers build essentially the same floor plans in different models to appeal to the masses, and their budget. there is no way you could sell a Blur Ridge or a Cedar Creek for the same price as a Salem light. Way more of everything.
So where do you plan on living in the RV? That IMHO would make a big factor in your brand decision.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #6

I think this is a good question. Put it this way if Forest River were to rate all their fiver, let's say on price, how would they rank? I was going to say quality, but that's subjective, so go for price. For example we know that a GMC compared to a like model Chevy would cost more.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Site Team

there are different levels of quality and features and some may focus on a specific style of floorplan. some will have compact floorplans while other lines will have 4 slideouts.

larger RV companies, like FR and Thor, will also have at least two different lines that will be twin sisters of each other. the only difference between the brands will be exterior graphics and interior decor.
this is so two dealers in the same area, can sell basically the same RV without selling the same brand name.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel