Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #1

MORryde Pin Box

Hi, I asked this in the Primetime sub forum a few days ago and the only response I got was from another member wanting to find out the same thing.

I am thinking of adding a MORryde Pin Box to my Crusader 325res. Anyone have experience with doing this and if so was the ride improvement it worth it?

Thanks, Rick
Old 01-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #2

I've never had one, nor added one, but I can't recall even one post complaining about them in multiple RV forums.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #3

Had the MorRyde on my last fiver ... got rid of most of the "chucking" but doesn't address vertical shock like an air hitch. There are different densities of rubber blocks inside the assembly ... make sure the pinbox you get is for your particular unit. They are pretty easily interchanged if you don't think it's matched correctly. There are 4 teflon pucks that the lower shoe slides on ... these need replaced after 4-5 years as they start deteriorating.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #4

I was thinking about changing mine out to the Morride but a friend has one and really didn't like. I opted for the Air Ride and I love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Had the MorRyde on my last fiver ... got rid of most of the "chucking" but doesn't address vertical shock like an air hitch. There are different densities of rubber blocks inside the assembly ... make sure the pinbox you get is for your particular unit. They are pretty easily interchanged if you don't think it's matched correctly. There are 4 teflon pucks that the lower shoe slides on ... these need replaced after 4-5 years as they start deteriorating.
This^^^^. my bil had one on a 34'cardinal for about 10 yrs,had to rebuild it 2x.His new 40' cedar creek has a air setup. He likes it much better.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I'd check the over-all length of it.......looked short to me over at the RV show here in Quartzsite.....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:59 PM   #7

RickV....

I contemplated the MoRyde for some time...but decided on the TravelAiR TriGlide.

IMO The TrailAir gives a smooth ride for driver and passenger over those long otherwise fatiguing - jerking - rough passages.

I have noted this before in other posts... but will reiterate it again here... I tested the 'interior ride' of the trailer to see if it calmed it down inside at all .
I did this by placing some 'loose items' around the inside. Things like a plastic bowl on top of the counter, a tie down strap on the table, a footstool placed in the middle of the floor, etc.
After a 1 1/2 hr trip, on a winding bumpy country road I checked out the 'test items' to see what happened.
Every item was still 'in place', if they moved it was only fractional, nothing fell off the table or counters..... I was "impressed" !
I don't think the MoRyde will do that for you.

Consider the size and weight of your 5'er then think of that extra comfort of the Air-Bag suspension that the pin-box provides.

There will be less stress on the 5th wheel frame work, truck suspension and the driver/passengers with the smooth ride.

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #8

If/When you order one ... give business the number of pin box you originally have on your unit (Lippert 1621 for example) that way most all dimensions will be near the same as what you have. There are several MorRyde pin box models ... it's not a one size fits all.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:47 AM   #9

Yikes!!!!!! big difference in price but, I guess you get what you pay for. Thanks for the replies. I will do some more research but, you guys have pretty much talked me outta the Morryde. Anyone got any opinions on the 5th Airborne Pin Box?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #10

I put the 5th Airborne on my 33IK. It works for me with little chucking. I use about 85 psi in the air puck. I adjusted the puck location 1 slot to the rear from stock. The TrailAir just didn't appeal to me with all the pucks and shocks on the outside. Shop around on the net ... price varies.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #11

On am on my second TrailAir pin box. My first one was purchased from PPL Motor Homes on line for my 2010 Cougar. I installed this in the fall of 2010 and it was still on the trailer when I traded in for our new Cedar Creek. This was one of the best items that I purchased for our Cougar. When it came time to order our new Cedar Creek, I was glad to see that this hitch was offered as an attachment. Because I will never tow another 5er with out either a air ride pin box or air ride hitch.

There are two types of TrailAir pin boxes that I am aware of The original TrailAir and a new Tri-Glide box. The Tri-Glide also offers a similar back and forth motion like the Demco Glide or the Morryde box.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #12

RickV...

Yes, you get what you pay for when it comes down to a good pin-box .

You have a quite a bit of weight there to pull and probably invested quite a bit in your rig already.... why not be comfortable while traveling and reduce the stress on rig and people with a good 'Air-Bag-pin-box' .
Some comparisons > Pin Box Comparison

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #13

I put the flex air pin box on our 3601 and love it
jbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #14

I have new as this week a Champagne 38EL with TrailAir. My '06 DayDreamer came with TrailAir but I replaced it with Demco . The hitch on my Ram DRW is a Hitchcrafter with two air bags. Best combo I have towed with. Not sure how this new Champagne will ride . Two units with air bags.
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote