Old 03-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #1

Mounting tv in master bedroom?

Wondering if anybody knows the wall construction for a 2015 Sierra 380bh5? Can't figure out exact location for mounting a full swivel tv mount along passenger side wall. Wall feels solid the whole way stud finder doesn't pick one up. Is there studs where the interior walls been stapled up?

Sent from my SM-N910V

Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #2

We recently bought a 2015 rock wood ultra lite there was a label on the wall in the bedroom where to mount the TV. Be very careful when you drill th
e walls are really thin. The second hole I drilled went all the way thru and I could see day light thru it, that really sucked but I put some rtv in the hole from outside and all it well you have to be looking and know what you're looking for to see it now. Good luck

Old 03-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardbucket107 View Post
Wondering if anybody knows the wall construction for a 2015 Sierra 380bh5? Can't figure out exact location for mounting a full swivel tv mount along passenger side wall. Wall feels solid the whole way stud finder doesn't pick one up. Is there studs where the interior walls been stapled up?

Sent from my SM-N910V
Walls are made of decorative luan 1/16" panel glued to 2-2 1/2" thick foam insulation. Outside paneling is glued to this assembly. Inside the sandwich wall will be aluminum framing maybe 2" square hollow bars, similar to home construction on 16-18" centers. Cabinets and other wall hangings are screwed into galvanized plates in the sandwich during wall construction in advance. Your wall probably has such an anchor plate in place, you must find out where. The luan and foam will never support it alone.

Tags
bed, mount, roo