Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #1

My brand new camper had a leak!

Ordered my Rockwood Mini Lite ETC 185 mid February from RV Wholesalers and it went off line on April 12th, and I went to Ohio to pick it up April 22nd.. After a very quick and brief walk through, while standing around in the camper looking it over and before signing the paperwork, I found that the bunk beds on the wood platform and under the mattress were wet?? It has been raining a lot in Ohio. After some deliberation, they pressurized the unit, and my brand new TT had a leak in two spots. So, they sealed the leak and we left it outside overnight and I was to come back this morning to pick it up/sign off on it..Well, it rained very hard last night, and there was new water in the TT this AM. So, I told them I would not purchase a TT with a leak. RV Wholesalers has been very good to work through this so far, I will keep you posted on developments. They said Rockwoods are good campers and that this is not how they take care of their customers. They are ordering me a new unit and I really hope that this one does not have any leaks or any major problems and that I don't have to wait another 8-12 weeks for this one!
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #2

Wow that sucks but it's nice the see them trying their best to accommodate. Its very nice you noticed this now during the walkthrough. Where were the leaks they found on the first run?

Thanks for keeping us updated.
Clearnetedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearnetedm View Post
Wow that sucks but it's nice the see them trying their best to accommodate. Its very nice you noticed this now during the walkthrough. Where were the leaks they found on the first run?

Thanks for keeping us updated.

The leaks were under both bunk bed mattresses as well as leaks coming through the TV antenna. Glad I found this through the walk through. I will be much more thorough in my walk through next time around as well.
greti is offline   Reply With Quote