Old 10-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #11
We upgraded to a 26RLS this summer from a PUP. The 26RLS is perfect for the DW and myself. My TV is a 2000 GMC 1500 and does just fine. For us, the 26RLS is just right. It didn't take long to get used to toeing the 29' camper. I wouldn't want any smaller and I see no need to go larger, it's just right. We now camp every other weekend since we bought it (june) and plan to keep going at that pace until it is too cold to sit outside (I can sit in the house a lot cheaper), but as long as the weather is tolerable we are rolling. When we had the PUP (2 Years), we only used it for week vacations. It was too much work for weekends IMO. Our thinking was that we enjoy camping, lets enjoy what we camp in. If we waited until the time was right, we'd still be in a PUP. Best thing I've done since I married the DW!!! (I know she'll read this, have to suck up when I can!). Go for it, if it's what you want, do it. We only get to go around once!

Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
We started camping in 2000 and had a new 29' Fleetwood, after 5 years we bought what we have now is a 34' Rockwood 8314ss towing was no different, backing up to me was no different, but the overwhelming thing is when it is hooked up to the tow vehicle and I step back to look at It...WOW, I am now 54' long, a small semi.
I tow with a 1997 3/4 ton GMC Suburban with a wheel base of 130" up until 2008, I sold the GMC and bought a new 2008 heavy duty 1/2 ton Chevy pick up with a wheel base of 143" long the only differance between the two is that with the new truck I have to start turning sooner when backing up because of the longer wheel base.

I have been in tight places with both campers and tow vehicles and was able to wiggle my way out and don't worry people will either help you or get out of the way, as far as changing lanes most people driving car do not want to be behined you and you most likely know they will not let you change lanes so all I do is make the camper sway from left to right 3 or 4 times and the road is all mine, for some reason they back off and wait to see what is going to happen......So get out there and become a small semi like the rest of us, will help you......

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
So what I'm hearing is .... DO IT DO IT

I know the fall RV show just went by but we can't wait until February in Hamilton.

We will be the couple pretty much leaving in the BH26 display model making sure it's really what we want before signing on the dotted line.

All I need to do now is sell our 2317G

staubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Welcome to the forums.

If you like it and you want it, don't try and justify it. There are folks with 38' 5ers I know that only use them for a few weekends a year. Life is short, enjoy it the way YOU want to enjoy it. If that means a bigger trailer then go for it.
I have to agree here, Enjoy Life... We had a Sunnybrook 26cks Pull and went to a 305F 5th wheel (30 ft) and we dont regreat it one bit, Love the extra room, and the King Size bed

Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote

grey wolf 26bh