Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #1

New LaCrosse 303 RKS Pics

We finally got the trailer home. PDI went perfect. All paperwork was ready with no add on charges or fees. Everything went smooth and easy, the way it should. Towed the old trailer up there and the new one back home (approx 120 miles each way) with no problems and I couldn't tell any difference in towing even though the dry weight is 800 lbs heavier than my old trailer. Actually got better milage on the way back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chairs 1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	3807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suite Slide - Bedroom View 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	3808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Living Area - Back to Front View 1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	3809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer - Rear 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	3810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Slides - Front 1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	3811  

grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2

Niiiiiiice ! Congratulations ! Wishing you many happy camping days in it !
Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #3

Awesome, congrats!!!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #4

Here's a few more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Living Area - Front to Back 1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	3812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen 12.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	3813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer - Front 1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	3814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suite Slide - Bathroom View 1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	3815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen 11.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	3816  

Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Nice

Sure is great to have a new RV! Very nice. I know you are proud of it, I would be gone camping right now!!!!!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #6

Nice layout!
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
Sure is great to have a new RV! Very nice. I know you are proud of it, I would be gone camping right now!!!!!
Would like to be out, but we'll spend today getting it ready and loading it up. I have a four day weekend coming up starting Thursday, so if the weather looks OK we'll head out to our local State Park. So far they're forecasting 50% rain Thursday and sunshine the rest of the weekend. Highs in the mid 60's, lows in the high 40's. I can live with that.

Everything I've checked so far is good. I concentrated on construction & function more than features, so I keep finding those little things I wasn't expecting.

The small slide is actually 1/3rd in the bathroom and 2/3rd's in the bedroom with a sliding door to seperate the two. Adds more space to both areas. The bathroom also has a door in the hallway and another sliding door at the end of the hallway to close off the bedroom.

It was 43 this morning so I went out and fired up the furnace. It has a digital thermostat, really like that. Push a button to set fan speed, cool or heat, then set the temp you want.

Trailer is solid. Very little movement. You can't hardly tell it when some one enters or exits the trailer. Elec jacks work great.

Thanks everyone and happy camping!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	303RKS.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	3823  
Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #8

Gary, that is a sharp looking rig, classy in fact. I wish you the best. You and your wife have great taste or maybe I should say your wife has an eye for a great dacor. Now the fun begins again.
I remember the statement you made not to long ago about how you felt when you were having all of the troubles you were having with your Rockwood, "loosing interest" well as each day passes my out look was the same, but the cabin adjusted my out look with me to the positive side. You and your family are on the road again and I see happy times a head. Enjoy your new rig and keep us up dated.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Gary, that is a sharp looking rig, classy in fact. I wish you the best. You and your wife have great taste or maybe I should say your wife has an eye for a great dacor. Now the fun begins again.
I remember the statement you made not to long ago about how you felt when you were having all of the troubles you were having with your Rockwood, "loosing interest" well as each day passes my out look was the same, but the cabin adjusted my out look with me to the positive side. You and your family are on the road again and I see happy times a head. Enjoy your new rig and keep us up dated.
Thanks Wade.

Yeah I'm getting that old camping feeling back. It's hard to enjoy something that's falling apart in front of your eyes and all anyone says is, "Fix it yourself." or "We know your trailer is bad, but we can't help you, that would just be giving you a handout."

We'll get a trip in this coming weekend and then probably put it up for the winter. I'll tinker with it here and there and be ready to go next March. I still have to get my Max Air vent covers on. I'm getting a few ideas on how to personalize it. Maybe you'll have time this winter to do some work on your 8314.

The wait has been worth it since that meant getting the free upgrades (Touring Edition). Most of the upgrades are pleasantries, high gloss fiberglass, counter tops & aluminum wheels, but some have a functional purpose, electric tongue jack, Equa-Flex suspension (see pic below), 8 cubic foot frig. The rear bumper grill mount is nice. This trailer came with the same gas grill that the Rockwood had, but also had instructions not to grill under the awning, fire hazard. I don't recall that warning with the Rockwood and the grill mount was on the side of the trailer under the awning.

Equa-Flex Suspension
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Equa-Flex - Large.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	3827  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #10

Very nice enjoy it i really like the look of your counter tops.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Thanks Wade.

Yeah I'm getting that old camping feeling back. It's hard to enjoy something that's falling apart in front of your eyes and all anyone says is, "Fix it yourself." or "We know your trailer is bad, but we can't help you, that would just be giving you a handout."

We'll get a trip in this coming weekend and then probably put it up for the winter. I'll tinker with it here and there and be ready to go next March. I still have to get my Max Air vent covers on. I'm getting a few ideas on how to personalize it. Maybe you'll have time this winter to do some work on your 8314.

The wait has been worth it since that meant getting the free upgrades (Touring Edition). Most of the upgrades are pleasantries, high gloss fiberglass, counter tops & aluminum wheels, but some have a functional purpose, electric tongue jack, Equa-Flex suspension (see pic below), 8 cubic foot frig. The rear bumper grill mount is nice. This trailer came with the same gas grill that the Rockwood had, but also had instructions not to grill under the awning, fire hazard. I don't recall that warning with the Rockwood and the grill mount was on the side of the trailer under the awning.

Equa-Flex Suspension

Now that camping season is over for use and the cabin is winterized and we are home on the week ends i can now think about what and how i am going to repair the walls.
Since the cabin was bought back in August and i had parked my camper at home i feel like i am out of the loop here on the forum, not a lot to share.

You mention the grill instruction on the new camper, well we have never used the grill that came with the camper, it never felt right to hang it on the side and under the awning to me it is an accident waiting to happen so it good that they thought about safety.

So the Equa-Suspension is this some thing new? I have seen them on other rigs but never ask about them.

The counter top that is in your new rig is the same design my wife pick out in granite for our new house for the kitchen if we sell our old home
Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #12

Hopefully your wall repair will go smoothly. No need to feel out of the loop. You have vauable knowledge that is helpful to many, so keep in touch.

I don't know how new the Equa-Flex is, it's the first time I've dealt with it and it was an easy tow on the way home, approx 120 miles and a pretty good side wind, so I got a good feel for how the tt will tow. How much credit goes to the Equa-Flex, I don't know. Other differences than the Rockwood is the wide track axles and also the axles are a little farther back due to the location of the entry door, hence the heavy tongue weight. They adjusted my hitch and everything set nice and level, but since the tt has a heavy hitch weight and the pass thru storage is up front and most of the cargo will go in front of the axles, I'll have to double check the set up when I get ready to go.

Before the tt came in the salesman kept telling how nice the counters were, but I'm thinking they're just counters. When the tt came in and I got to see them, I saw why the salesman kept commenting on them. DW and everyone who has seen them so far really likes them. Does kind of dress things up a little.

They'll look nice in your new home. Just get that house sold so you can get started.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #13

Omigosh!! What a sweet looking rig. I can almost see you guys driving down the highway singing "On the road again". Looks great. Now get out there and enjoy. Old Guys
Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #14

Just a thought. That grill mount on the rear bumper looks like a great spot for a FROG sign if one is ever finalized. Old Guys
Old 11-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Just a thought. That grill mount on the rear bumper looks like a great spot for a FROG sign if one is ever finalized. Old Guys
Now if you put a frog sign on the back then you would have to change the name from "LaCrosse" to "LaFrog".......Sorry Gary, i just had to.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #16

Thanks, old guys.

That first trip will have to wait. We had a 4 day weekend planned starting today, but the weather is forecasted as wet and turning colder, highs in the mid 50's and down to freezing Saturday night. I can live with that, but I've also came down with a bad chest cold so we're cancelling this weekend.

We'll take a good look at next weekend. If we can't do it then, I'll probably need to go ahead and winterize. That means waiting till next spring for that first trip!

I didn't think about placing a sign on the grill mount. That's a great idea.
Here's a couple of pics with the grill mounted.
Also thought I might throw in a pic of the Dometic digital thermostat. They do have a fan speed setting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Best Grill Back.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	3843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Best Grill Front.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	3844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Digital Thermo.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	3845  
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Now if you put a frog sign on the back then you would have to change the name from "LaCrosse" to "LaFrog".......Sorry Gary, i just had to.
That's funny.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodes 50 View Post
Thanks, old guys.

That first trip will have to wait. We had a 4 day weekend planned starting today, but the weather is forecasted as wet and turning colder, highs in the mid 50's and down to freezing Saturday night. I can live with that, but I've also came down with a bad chest cold so we're cancelling this weekend.

We'll take a good look at next weekend. If we can't do it then, I'll probably need to go ahead and winterize. That means waiting till next spring for that first trip!

I didn't think about placing a sign on the grill mount. That's a great idea. :thumbs up:
Here's a couple of pics with the grill mounted.
Also thought I might throw in a pic of the Dometic digital thermostat. They do have a fan speed setting.
I like the grill set up, somebody was thinking, and the stat is very contemporary it kinda looks like may be related to a basket ball, i like the look.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #19

I also like the location and design of the grill mount. It has the one pivot point and locks in place for travel with a single pin.

I have read where some have added a digital thermostat as a mod, but you could only hook it up for one fan speed, high or low. I actually bought one last spring but didn't have the tt at the house long enough at any one time to install it. Guess I have a spare now.

This one you turn it on, set the fan speed with the +/- buttons, select cool or furnance, then select the temp you want by using the +/- buttons. Pretty simple.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #20

Thought I might post these pics as well. This is standard on all Prime Time's.

The first pic is the 1" thick Slam Shut Baggage Door.
The second is the door opened showing the pass through and the Universal Docking Center.
The third is a close up of the docking center that contains all your hook ups except the elec. It has a plug in the bottom to run your hoses and cables through so you can shut and lock the door.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 - Slam Shut Baggage Door.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	3847   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Curb Side Pass Through.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	3848   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Universal Docking Station.jpg
Views:	94