Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #21

M&M - you will have no problems pulling an r-pod with that setup .. the dual torsion axel and elec brakes will make it a smooth tow. The dealer in ohio, www.couchsrvnation.com has 6 of the floorplans in stock according to his web site. He is throwing in the r-dome awning for free. check out his photos online, I would also give your local dealer a chance to match this guys price.
RV-Open Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
Thanks for the link, the pricing is great and the funny thing is that the 17' Oliver trailer is 3X's the price as one of them
u think thats high you should see the price on the Airstream DWR its insane idk whats so special bout those things but dang $49,737 msrp for a 16x8
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Open Roader View Post
Ran across a new web site for r-pod owners http://www.rpodnation.com
Here too, http://rpod.21.forumer.com/index.php
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #24

R-Pod

We recently purchased our new R-Pod from Country Campers in Lake Mills, WI. There price was only a few hundred dollars more than the dealer in Ohio. They are also located less than an hour from my house if I ever need service. With this much stuff on a new trailer something is bound to need service.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #25

Make sure that the prices your dealer quotes include the main options - awning, microwave, A/C and LCDTV and HiDef Antenna. There is a good article here: http://r-pod-camper.blogspot.com/200...ice-r-pod.html on how the r-pod pricing works.

I went to a dealer build a camper site and basing their 'add-on' price to what is normal dealer markup - I would estimate the options to cost the dealer approx this:

Awning: $450
Microwave $300
A/C $650-$700
TV and HD Ant - $400

and the White interior $150

So, if you price your r-pod I would add at least $1800-$2000 for 4 major options onto the price of the base unit.
RV-Open Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #26

Anybody towning a 172 R-POD with a Honda Odyssey?

Any towing info would be great.
jsy05 is offline   Reply With Quote