Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

New r-pod

Has anyone seen the new R-POD? I hear there are also two with sofa slides!
I got these pics from a dealer web site
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RP-151 DINETTE.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1207   Click image for larger version

Name:	RP-151 KIT.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1208  
Attached Images

Cmonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #2

My local dealer has one, its the floor plan with fr din, and rear sofa. There are 6 floor plans ava there goin to call me when they get the floor plan we want in. By chance there getting all floor plans in at the end of Dec. This is by far the best retro/little camper me and my wife have steped foot in. High celings and plenty of space. On top of it, it has a one piece fiberglass roof and aluminum walls. Were deff interested in purchasing one. Were gonna get the floor plan with rear queen bed. Ill post pics of it as soon as we get it, Lord willing. If you havnt seen one in person and are looking into buying a small camper I highly recomend these,
By the way this is my first post and hope to see more owners of the R-Pods in the near future, thanks I never knew this forum existed.
vw65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #3

http://www.countryroadsrvcenter.com/...NewR-Pod01.htm

Here's a web site that has all the floor plans and photos, hope this helps others who ar looking at purchasing one, the awning is sweet it even turns into a tent for more campers
vw65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Neat little unit and a good variety of floor plans. I would say it was perfect for a couple and that it would be easy to park at a suburban home and maybe at some apartment complexes. One thing that I would consider a fault is the lack of a standard awning. The screen room is nice but would require some time to set up and might not work all that well on a site that is off level fore and aft. Note also the problem with getting it down and stowed in a hurry if a sudden thunderstorm should threaten, like at the beach or in the mountains. Other than that... Also, it looks to me that there is plenty of room for owner customization.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #5

How much are they asking?
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonsters View Post
Has anyone seen the new R-POD? I hear there are also two with sofa slides!
I got these pics from a dealer web site
I saw this camper on ebay. The dealership is Couchs RV nation. their prices seem very low>
Bryan Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #7

r-pod pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
How much are they asking?
Couchs Rv Nation have r-pod starting at $9,995.00.
Bryan Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #8

I talked to the guy at RV Nation today. They have 3 in stock and more on order. He told me they had 5 calls today alone.

Their web site has some great photos of the awning http://www.couchsrvnation.com/fifth_wheels-p296-r-pod.asp but it is an extra $500.

The one on ebay is priced with the awning included. This might be a hot seller for forest river. The last thing the guy told me is they are working with forest river and a local graphics guy to wrap one in camo for hunters and fishermen ...they hope to have a photo up soon..that would be somethign to see.
RV-Open Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #9

found a slideshow of the r-pod http://www.vuvox.com/collage_express/detail/0cc2c2403
Old 12-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #10

Thanks for the link, the pricing is great and the funny thing is that the 17' Oliver trailer is 3X's the price as one of them
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #11

http://r-pod-camper.blogspot.com/ check out the camo look...
Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #12

I just stopped by Country Camper's of Lake Mills, WI. They have 6!!! R-Pods in stock starting in the $10,000.00 range. They told me the order out time might get kind of long because of there Popularity. Great little trailer at a great price. I love the 172 for me & the kids!! You can visit them at www.countrycampers.com
jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #13

Just put a downpmt on a RP-151 at Country Roads south of Winston Salem, NC.
After having a popup, a 25' travel trailer, another popup, and ultralight tent and hammock camping on the AT (carrying less than 25# on my back), I am excited about the promise of the R-Pod. Light weight, more environmentally friendly, fewer towing hassles, you can literally push it around by your lonesome....
Will be blogging and posting pics as soon as I take delivery.
Talydale's Victor Charles (our Lakeland Terrier) will provide color commentary as well...
See the link below...

http://www.countryroadsrvcenter.com/...NewR-Pod01.htm
TangoQSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #14

Have Ordered a 171 from our local dealer in Adamstown, PA. Due in begining of March. Watch http://www.rpodcamper.com for mor informations and trips taken
pa19602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #15

TOOK DELIVERY of RP-151 yesterday. I was delighted with how it towed which has been the biggest hassle of all of the non-backpacking camping to date. It was really narrow...got some jaw-dropping looks going down I-40. I am going to hit the rack in there tonight...another delight was that we have a driveway with a 30+ degree incline, narrow passage around house to level parking pad...we traversed the bugger first time no issue. Also, went to Northern Tool and bought a ball-dolly and were able to maneuver it into the perfect parking position. So far so good! PS - dealer did a very good job of prep, hookup and orientation. Again, so far so good!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #16

DRY RUN AT HOME - loaded it up with kitchen stuff, sheets, towels...
Victor Charles gives it a seat test
Old 02-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #17

Tango,
Congrats on the new R-pod rp-151. I like that floorplan. You and Victor Charles have a nice Nighty first Night.

Please post some pics. We'd like to see it....
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #18

Saw the R-pod 151 at the Montgomery RV show this past weekend. I really like that thing! If I were a lone camper, or we didn't camp with friends a lot of the tim I think it's something we would look at the next time we are in the market. But maybe the R-172 modelwith the queen bed.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #19

Towing an "R Pod"

Hello:

I too am interested in the "R pods". I'd like to hear from folks to see if they believe it would be practical (and safe) to tow the larger R Pod (approx 3000#) with a 2 wheel drive s-10 blazer (4.3 v6 w/ trans cooler & shift kit).

Could this be a case of the tail wagging the dog? Would side cross wind be a problem? I believe the electric brakes on the R pod would be a great asset. Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

Happy camping!

M&M
mikeandmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #20

Ran across a new web site for r-pod owners http://www.rpodnation.com