Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #1

new salem owner

just pulled my new 2007 salem 25sl home. the old trailer was a 2003 trail-lite 28 foot by r-vision. it was a nice trailer but after 3 years of use we found a lot of things we didn't like and that weren't user friendly. i did a lot of homework before purchasing the salem and after owning 4 other trailers this one has everything i want. the big selling item were the dual grey water tanks. i drooled when i read of the 68 gallon grey water capacity. we do a lot of dry camping in the mountains and with women on board the 30 gal grey on my old trailer just didn't cut it. anyone out there have any experiences with the 25sl? good or bad i would like to hear from you. any quirks with the salems? anything to watch for? i was impressed with the fit and finish on everything and the features and standard equipment that come on much more expensive trailers...good to hear from anyone...thanks

2007 salem 25sl
1977 ford f150 (restored)
400 cid w/edelbrock 4bbl
out pulls some new ones!
tallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forest River Forums and congratulations on the new Salem. I don't have a Salem but have a Flagstaff and it has been very good thus far. Like you I have dual gray water tanks. I have to assume you have a total of 68 gallons of gray water capacity. Remember one is the galley tank and the other is the bathroom/shower tank. The bath tank will obviously fill much more quickly that the galley tank will so let the girls know it is still not an unlimited storage for gray water.

As far as dumping the two, I keep a 10' and a 20' sewer hose. Depending on the layout of the site, I usually need the 20' for the galley tank, which is in the rear of my trailer. The 10' is usually sufficient for the bath/black combo tank connection.

Happy camping and post some pictures when you get a chance.

Kim

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #3

Hello tallred,
Welcome to the Forset River Forums.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #4

25sl

We too have just purchased our fourth trailer and chose the 25SL! We love it but need to take it in for a bump in the floor between the dinette and couch near the front of the slideout. Have you noticed a bump there? Just wondering if it is typical. We came from a toyhauler so we love the comfort of a regular trailer especially the walk around bed.
tygkris25sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #5

Welcome to the site tygkris25sl. Congrats on the new trailer. What kind of toyhauler did you have, it probably diden't have a garage. I love mine.
Cheers
Bear

2000 Volvo 660 D12 425 hp 1550 torque 15 speed, Trailer Saver air ride hitch. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS 40'10" triple slide, triple axle 5'er toybox, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, Onan 5500 Marques Platnum. 1998 Polaris 300 Explorer 4X4 quad, 2003 Polaris 700 Sportsman 4X4 quad, 1994 Jeep YJ "TOAD" 3" lift 31" ProComp Mud Terrain tires

https://community.webshots.com/user/Bears319

https://www.picturetrail.com/bears319

Mission Statement : ZZZZzzzzz
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #6

We had a tahoe and no it didn't have a separate garage, we want to keep our length down. We got a lot of use from it!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #7

no bump in floor

thanks for replying..haven't noticed any irregularities in the floor, just cuts in the linoleum. We were buying a trailer that our dealer had in stock but closer inspection showed two 6 inch cuts in the kitchen linoleum. Apparently done during assembly. The dealer offered to buy us a rug to put over the cuts and discount the price some but we weren't buying a used or damaged trailer, we were buying NEW. We waited 2 weeks for another 07 to come in and looked it over with a fine tooth comb. Everything fit and looked perfect so we bought the second one. Haven't had it out on a trip yet, it's winter here in SLC but we plan on "camping out" in our driveway this weekend and "breaking" it in.
tallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #8

We stopped putting more of our stuff into it fearing that we may have to switch trailers. We have yet to take ours out since our favorite spots (Yosemite and Tahoe) have snow we want to take the dogs so maybe a overnighter at a lake.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallred View Post
just pulled my new 2007 salem 25sl home. the old trailer was a 2003 trail-lite 28 foot by r-vision. it was a nice trailer but after 3 years of use we found a lot of things we didn't like and that weren't user friendly. i did a lot of homework before purchasing the salem and after owning 4 other trailers this one has everything i want. the big selling item were the dual grey water tanks. i drooled when i read of the 68 gallon grey water capacity. we do a lot of dry camping in the mountains and with women on board the 30 gal grey on my old trailer just didn't cut it. anyone out there have any experiences with the 25sl? good or bad i would like to hear from you. any quirks with the salems? anything to watch for? i was impressed with the fit and finish on everything and the features and standard equipment that come on much more expensive trailers...good to hear from anyone...thanks

2007 salem 25sl
400 cid w/edelbrock 4bbl
out pulls some new ones!
Personally, I think the magic words are "I did a lot of homework". Our Salem is wonderful, with that same great fit and finish that we're proud to show off, but we did have to closely inspect it and point out little shortcomings... like the bunk fascia having only three screw holding its 6 foot length. One mention to the dealer added two extra screws complete with fabric covers. A little thing, but will add years to its durability. That homework equals satisfation in the long run.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #10

Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallred View Post

2007 salem 25sl
400 cid w/edelbrock 4bbl
out pulls some new ones!
Tallred how do you like the trailer i just order a 2008 wildwood 25RKS and hope am going to like I also have a R-Vision Trail Cruiser C191
happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Welcome to the Forest River Forums and congratulations on the new Salem. I don't have a Salem but have a Flagstaff and it has been very good thus far. Like you I have dual gray water tanks. I have to assume you have a total of 68 gallons of gray water capacity. Remember one is the galley tank and the other is the bathroom/shower tank. The bath tank will obviously fill much more quickly that the galley tank will so let the girls know it is still not an unlimited storage for gray water.

As far as dumping the two, I keep a 10' and a 20' sewer hose. Depending on the layout of the site, I usually need the 20' for the galley tank, which is in the rear of my trailer. The 10' is usually sufficient for the bath/black combo tank connection.

Happy camping and post some pictures when you get a chance.

Kim
question, i have a new LE , it says it has 66 gallon gray tank.

when i read your response about using two length hoses it raised a question, do you have two outlet sewer connects, one for front and one for rear. sorry if i misunderstand the use of the two length hoses, i think mine only has one outlet sewer connection. i am a bit new to the variety of rvs also. I really havent seen my new much and it is a new model where they havent published the literature for me to read.

it is good to talk with you and thanks for your posts.

btw, what sewer hose/fittings do you like the best as far as ease of use and no leakage

thanks
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #13

my rockwood has two connection to dump tanks one for galley tank one for black and gray tank
Old 01-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
my rockwood has two connection to dump tanks one for galley tank one for black and gray tank
Thanks, I see two smaller pvc pipes plumbedinto the larger common outlet fitting. I guess i have only one outlet but two from two gray tanks and one black tank. i havenet talked much with my dealer yeat about our new camper.

thanks

phil
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #15

Can anyone tell me the specs on a 2003 Salem 27FKS. I'm mostly looking for the standard equipment like Fresh, grey and black water tanks.
Any other items would really be helpful..
BBDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote