Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #1

New to the Wet Bath - How do you...

We recently purchased a Palomini 179BHS and love it! It's perfect for back country camping and it's much easier to tow than my previous TT.

We're new to the 'Wet Bath' setup, and on a trip this last weekend, we found it very difficult to keep clean. Granted, we're not going to keep it perfect out camping, but after a while the amount of dirt that had built up was a bit much. Even taking shoes off and wiping feet made no difference. Somehow dirt and debris would wind up in there.

Are there any tips and tricks to keep the shower floor clean and free of debris? I've looked at potentially adding a shower rug on the floor when no one is showering, or trying to find an elevated platform / shower platform, but I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

So, how do y'all keep it clean? Do you do a complete wipe down and drying after showering and lay something down to protect the floor?
COMtnCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMtnCamper View Post
We recently purchased a Palomini 179BHS and love it! It's perfect for back country camping and it's much easier to tow than my previous TT.

We're new to the 'Wet Bath' setup, and on a trip this last weekend, we found it very difficult to keep clean. Granted, we're not going to keep it perfect out camping, but after a while the amount of dirt that had built up was a bit much. Even taking shoes off and wiping feet made no difference. Somehow dirt and debris would wind up in there.

Are there any tips and tricks to keep the shower floor clean and free of debris? I've looked at potentially adding a shower rug on the floor when no one is showering, or trying to find an elevated platform / shower platform, but I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

So, how do y'all keep it clean? Do you do a complete wipe down and drying after showering and lay something down to protect the floor?
A lot of folks with Casitas use a marine product called Dri-Deck on their wet baths. The tiles snap together and can be cut to size.

Water from shower runs under it, so you are never standing in water. Don't know if this really addresses your issue, but it's still nice for showering in a wet bath. West Marine carries it in many colors.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote