Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #1

New travel trailer opinions please.

Ok. I just joined the forum cause it is really hard to find true reviews on travel trailers without going to a forum. We are in the market for a new TT. I currently have a 2015 Cherokee 254Q. Itís really a good solid unit with fiberglass exterior. Great ac and furnace and fridge. BUT the sleeping for our teenage daughter kinda sucks. It only has a dinette and a pullout sofa that is so uncomfortable there is Noway you can sleep all night. And dinette is to short for her. Hahaha. SOOOOO I have been checking out the alpha wolf 26rl-l and was pretty sold on them until I read a couple threads on them yesterday. And there are no 26rl-l available till mid April. Well I talked to a dealer today and they are always willing to deal better on instock models than ones in order. So he is telling me they have a Coleman spirit 3373rl. I have never looked at one of those in person at all. So I was hoping someone on here owned one or has looked at em enough to know if I shud look into the Coleman or alpha wolf. Are Colemanís build quality that much better. Cause price is def higher????

Sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #2
Assistant TP Supervisor

Must be a Camping World as they sell Coleman. Check other dealers for other opinions.

If you have the money best built Travel Trailer is an Arctic Wolf not made by Forest River. Lance are good as well.

Any trailer is going to have issues no matter who kales them. Forest River Rockwood and Flagstaff as the best Travel Trailers they make IMHO. I owned two Rockwood.

B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #3

Well actually not a camping world lol. Just another rv dealer in Missouri. I been trying to get alpha wolf 26rl cause we love the opposing slides and the trifold sofa or could just put an air mattress down if needed. Then he texted me today telling me about the spirit 3373rl. There are things I like on each one abs things I don’t. But the floor plan is pretty much the same. So I thought I would ask about em. I can’t find any reviews on em. I do see that they have like 8 or 9 ac ducts in ceiling and a heat duct in bathroom I do like those options. I’ll look into the ones you mentioned too. Just not sure what our dealer sells other than Cherokee and the spirit
Sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #4

A cheap solution might be to purchase a thick mattress topper for that pull out sofa.

That new trailer is a bit longer at 34' and that might make it more difficult to find a place to camp in some state and national parks. Nice looking rig.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Must be a Camping World as they sell Coleman. Check other dealers for other opinions.

If you have the money best built Travel Trailer is an Arctic Wolf not made by Forest River.
Arctic WOLF is a Forest River product:
http://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/fi...ls/arctic-wolf

You're mixing it up with Arctic FOX, made by Northwoods Manufacturing Inc.

Coleman is made by Dutchmen, a division of Thor Manufacturing, specifically for Camping World. They bought the rights to the Coleman name for their RVs. It's a clone of one of Dutchmen's brands.
The Arctic Wolf should be a better made trailer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #6
Assistant TP Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Arctic WOLF is a Forest River product:
Arctic Wolf | Forest River RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

You're mixing it up with Arctic FOX, made by Northwoods Manufacturing Inc.

Coleman is made by Dutchmen, a division of Thor Manufacturing, specifically for Camping World. They bought the rights to the Coleman name for their RVs. It's a clone of one of Dutchmen's brands.
The Arctic Wolf should be a better made trailer.
Thank you for the Correction.

One of my RV Club has a Arctic Fox. Tows it back and forth across Canada every summer. No construction issues and handles the trip some 3500 kms one way.

Another RV club member has a Lance and they traded there vintage Airstream for this Lance. They have put 10,000 miles on it in 2 seasons and only had a AC unit fail and fridge electric quit. Been a good trailer for them.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Thank you for the Correction.

One of my RV Club has a Arctic Fox. Tows it back and forth across Canada every summer. No construction issues and handles the trip some 3500 kms one way.

Another RV club member has a Lance and they traded there vintage Airstream for this Lance. They have put 10,000 miles on it in 2 seasons and only had a AC unit fail and fridge electric quit. Been a good trailer for them.
Take a look at Rockwood 2703ws, with opposing slides
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #8

Dealers prices vary widely... Don't trust them on dealing just because its in stock.They can get anything you want- they just don't want to pay for delivery and want to move their current inventory.

My experience was to find the trailer I wanted, after visiting dozens of dealers- then search for dealers all over New England that had the model we wanted at the best price. I contacted my local dealer who told me that he could not come close to the price because of his shipping costs. So I drove four hours and saved $5,000- well worth it to me.

Large dealers can often buy higher volume and therefore offer lower prices. If you are willing to travel a little you can save a lot.

Oh- and don't believe the salesman that tells you "you can't get service" or get first dibs buying from them. I have a friend in the business and that is flatly not true- you go in line with everyone else.

Recurve R6 WDH w/Sway Control & SumoSprings

2012 GMC Sierra 1500
4x4, Crew Cab, 5.3 KDL HD Cooling, 3.42 ratio
CentralMePistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralMePistol View Post
Dealers prices vary widely... Don't trust them on dealing just because its in stock.They can get anything you want- they just don't want to pay for delivery and want to move their current inventory.

My experience was to find the trailer I wanted, after visiting dozens of dealers- then search for dealers all over New England that had the model we wanted at the best price. I contacted my local dealer who told me that he could not come close to the price because of his shipping costs. So I drove four hours and saved $5,000- well worth it to me.

Large dealers can often buy higher volume and therefore offer lower prices. If you are willing to travel a little you can save a lot.

Oh- and don't believe the salesman that tells you "you can't get service" or get first dibs buying from them. I have a friend in the business and that is flatly not true- you go in line with everyone else.

We did the same as CentralMe. Our first camper had me drive about 8 hours one way. But saved me $10k, so we picked it up, drove about halfway home and camped our second night in it (first night was at the dealership so we could find any issues we didnít spot during PDI). Second trailer was a lot closer at only an hour away. DW and I looked online at floor plans, narrowed it down to 5 that we liked, then started checking dealers to see what they actually looked like. Take your time to find the one thatís for you.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #10

As a teenager, how many more years will she want to camp w/ you? For $30 you can by a Intek queen air mattress with built in inflator to put down on the HAB sofa. Especially if the rest of the TT still is working for you. I have one for the occasional squatters that come with

jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer