Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #1

New unit check list

I am waiting on the dealer to call me and let me know my new unit is ready for delivery. I have made a list of item that I think I will need purchase (or ask that they throw it in) to make our RV adventure enjoyable. If you see anything that is missing that you know I will need, please don't hesitate to contact me. Below is what I have so fare. Trying to get it all on one trip. My nearest RV dealer is over 100 miles from home.

Wheel Leveling and Jack Pads
Dump Tank hose, connectors and treatment
water filters
wheel locks
110 pigtail plug
50w to 30w plug
Outside rug
RV TOILET PAPER
Canopy clips and tie downs
RV and roof cleaner
Slide lube
Mattress pad
Roof vent covers
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brw549 View Post
I am waiting on the dealer to call me and let me know my new unit is ready for delivery. I have made a list of item that I think I will need purchase (or ask that they throw it in) to make our RV adventure enjoyable. If you see anything that is missing that you know I will need, please don't hesitate to contact me. Below is what I have so fare. Trying to get it all on one trip. My nearest RV dealer is over 100 miles from home.

Wheel Leveling and Jack Pads
Dump Tank hose, connectors and treatment
water filters
wheel locks
110 pigtail plug
50w to 30w plug
Outside rug
RV TOILET PAPER ( You can use any single ply or Septic System safe TP)Canopy clips and tie downs
RV and roof cleaner
Slide lube
Mattress pad
Roof vent covers
Wheel Chocks, Broom, Black Streak remover, Tools ( Mutli-tester, misc pliers, hammer etc.) I bought a pack of every type of light bulb for inside as well as outside just in case of a burn out. Fuses- whatever amps you need. Disposable gloves for the old waste hose. I keep old rags or a roll of the blue work paper towels. RV fresh water hose and water pressure reducer.

First trip - stay in your driveway and see what else you may need. We always carry a pad and pen to make our reminder list.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

brw549 - to the Forums. What type of unit are you getting? This may help some others to tune in as well with their recommendations. Quite a bit of your list is available at WalMart and can save you some $$$$ below your dealer's pricing.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #4

You might find better prices online for much of your list and many places ship free.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #5

Thanks for those suggestions. I have a tool kit, flashlight and first aid supplies. The unit is a Flagstaff 30WRKSS. We are very excited. I like the suggestion of camping in the driveway. I have to travel 250 miles to the dealer for delivery. I asked him about a local hotel so we could stay and extra night and get some one on one training with his technician. He suggested we stay in the unit a the dealership. Someone also told me that I should add calgone bath beads to my black tank prior to leaving the house on a trip. They said it will slosh around and clean the take while in-tow. Do you have any comment on that?
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #6

Several of the people that camp around us swear by putting a cup of water softener and and a cup of fabric softener and about 5 gallons of water in each black tank(then drive it around) when it is new to coat the sides of the tanks. I have no idea if this works or has any benefit. One thing I would suggest is odor control packets/liquid for both black and grey water tanks to help control the odors(both can be found at WallyWorld). Happy camping.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brw549 View Post
Thanks for those suggestions. I have a tool kit, flashlight and first aid supplies. The unit is a Flagstaff 30WRKSS. We are very excited. I like the suggestion of camping in the driveway. I have to travel 250 miles to the dealer for delivery. I asked him about a local hotel so we could stay and extra night and get some one on one training with his technician. He suggested we stay in the unit a the dealership. Someone also told me that I should add calgone bath beads to my black tank prior to leaving the house on a trip. They said it will slosh around and clean the take while in-tow. Do you have any comment on that?
We use Liquid Calgon. It is in the Laundry Detergent area of the store.
Most people put it in after cleaning the tank. It helps to keep any debris from sticking to the walls of the tank because it makes the plastic very slippery. Use in both the Black and Grey water tanks. I haven't heard of anyone using the beads but as long as they dissolve I would think they'd work the same.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR