Old 10-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
New Vibe 272 headace

Well.. we finally have our Vibe and we hope it is not a lemon. Seems to be a Friday at 4p build. First our delivery by the dealership was delayed because the fresh water tank fell out of the camper when the dealership filled it. Let me say that again. THE TANK FELL OUT OF THE CAMPER. Forest River didn't install the outdoor shower that was ordered with it. The interior slide weather strip trim is ripped and then stapled up exposing a 2x4. After our first trip the awning light that is about 2.5 feet short or running the full length of the awning doesn't illuminate properly. And now another tank is leaking. This time the Grey bathroom tank.... one of the windows doesn't lock. It even opened in transit. I can open it without lifting the locking mechanism. And there are a lot of small things.. the staining or glaze on the cabinets is tape. Some trim is not attached. Wood is gouged. I have had to take off the screen on each faucet to clear debris in order to get water flowing.... the grill was broken.... it is absolutely crazy that forest river which I thought builds a quality product would let this off the lot with so many issues. This rig reminds me of a saying..... good from far but far from good. I can only hope my dealership will and can fix everything so that I can look forward to camping and my biggest worries will be what is for dinner, and not what else is going to go wrong with my brand new camper.

southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
New Vibe 272 headace

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Yours isn't the first that the tank fell out or almost fell out.

I haven't used my FWT so who knows if it will stay in!

It is frustrating but the dealer should get it squared away.

I had some issues also, fixed some myself and had the dealer do the major stuff which wasn't much.

Hang in there and think about what's for dinner!

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote