Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Ordering from dealer

How long should expect to wait? Can't decide if I want to order or not. Looking at a Sandpiper 371REBH. Thinking maybe RVWholesalers.

steph45601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Ask your dealer how long it will take to deliver a special order. I would expect that it varies from plant to plant depending on existing production orders. When I ordered my Surveyor in 2013 it took about 8 weeks, but it was worth it. I was able to get exactly what I wanted and not pay for some options I didn't give a hoot about. Also, I was able to schedule a trip to the factory the build week and was able to see my unit being built. Very interesting. Just one question for you. Why did you pick RVWholesalers? I have nothing against them, but I recommend a dealer close to you that has a record of terrific service. You WILL have some warranty issues and a dealer close to your home is worth a lot in my opinion. Good luck with your decision and hope to see you around the forum.

2013 Surveyor SVF 293
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2 EFI V8
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
RVWholesalers is actually closer than the others round us. They seem to have the lowest price. I think we are just going to try to find one on a lot. We are not financing so I need about 6-8 more weeks to have the $$$$.
steph45601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
if RVwholesales is closer, is there a particular reason why you wanted to use the other dealer?

As for wait time it can be 8 weeks plus this time of year. It is worth a conversation with the dealers as they may have what you want already ordered and it could be a quick turn around.

On not getting exactly what you want, make sure your willing to settle with what you get as this usually leads to an upgrade quicker then normal!
2015 Sandpiper 30IOK
2014 Ram 6.7 CC DRW
2006 Charger RT
X96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
If you poll through the posts on folks that had problems, I think the people who went to dealers and developed good relationships have better experiences, even when things do go wrong.
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote