Old 07-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #21
Site Team

Our RV is permanently parked but it is our vacation home every weekend between April and October. It gets us away from all the stress and worry at home. It also allows my wife and I to spend time with both sets of parents since they are both on the sites right next to us. So we get to eat our meals together and play games together every weekend instead of waiting for a special holiday like so many do.

We've also made a great number of friends at the CG and have gotten together with them numerous times for food and fun. That's just something we never manage to do when we are at home.

As far as the RV itself, it's perfect for us. It's big enough so that everyone has their own space. The heat and A/C work well when we need them and we've had no major problems with any of the 4 that we've owned (knock on wood).

Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just another positive post.
Attached Images

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #23

My DW and I have enjoyed our Sandpiper 360PDEK 28 days so far. Love the time spent with family and friends away from the house. We have boating friends that we camp with now, we all gave up on boating. The campfires, great food, open spaces, making new friends, what's not to love.
The 360PDEK is great, also. King bed, great bathroom, patio, outdoor kitchen, LG French door fridge with ice maker, kitchen island, oh, and the water softner I added.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #24

I love that my girls, wife and 3 little lovelies, are all willing to go camping now that the tent is just something they can play in rather than having to camp in it. We can't afford a vacation home but this was a cheap entry into our own little getaway in comparison to a second home. The best part is we get to move our vacation home wherever we want whenever we want. We don't get to go too often due to work and kids sports but we always look forward to our next adventure!

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 24
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #25

Well we both grew up camping, bought our 1st pop up in 1985, on camper #6 add in numerous tents... Raised our 2 and now enjoying sharing the joy of camping with the Grandson. We have had the opportunity to meet and share great times making new friends and look forward to crossing paths again. We have camped in some extreme adverse conditions...5 days in a tent never stopped raining, with a 7 and 10 year old. July triple digit heat near the Carolina coast in a pop up without AC. Grandsons 1st trip @ 6 months old, august at myrtle Beach in a tent and no air, last Feb in our hybrid at 9 degrees....and everyone of those trips still made a great memory. Our Shamrock is the only new camper we ever bought, and had a few issues to work out, but now a year and a half later we enjoy it as much as the 1st trip.

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #26

Like the fall nice days cool nights leaves changing.
tugboat369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #27

We're not blind to the faults of our trailer but we still enjoy camping in it... camping is the best kind of family time.
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #28
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

Being excited when friends we have met are at a Rally we can not make makes me happy.Looking forward to the next Rally!
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #29

We have had a ton of nightmares our first year from mold, blowouts, and leaks, but I've managed to refer to them as learning lessons. There have been plenty of good moments this year as well, and enough of them to keep us camping. Don't ignore the negativity, but learn from it. It will save you thousands and keep your camping enjoyable.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #30
Lost in time

Been a long road.....

I started out as a kid (Eagle Scout) primitive camping on the ground..I still remember those adventures to this day...

Got older and married and graduated to a Cox Tent Camper, what luxury, not sleeping on the ground anymore and not getting soggy every time it rained....

Put camping and the outdoors aside for work and family and moved from the city to the country and bought a farm...

I kept thinking about my camping past and how much I liked it so I went out and bought my first truck camper, a logical choice for me, I already had a heavy duty farm pickup so why not get an RV that could be used with the truck I already owned. Besides my wife was a horse person (I do cattle) and she liked going to horse shows both as a spectator and competitor so I figured a truck camper and the bumper pull horse trailer would work... and it did. Bought a Lance and toted it all over going to horse shows....

Then we bought land in northern Michigan and I was all about taking the Lance to the land but the land wasn't about letting me take the Lance in it. The only access was a 'seasonal road', with no much clearance overhead, creeks to ford and hills and off camper turns and the Lance was too high and wobbly so, looking hard at a new truck camper I settled on a Palomino SS1500 soft side.

Had to have all the necessities my wife needs, shower toilet, heat and a comfortable bunk and be rugged enough to deal with off road trips and primitive camping RV style.

Was a good choice. I've had it up 'there' 4 times this year and no issues whatsoever. I bought a small inverter generator to run my wife's microwave and keep my battery charged. It's low enough to negotiate the 'seasonal road', it's off camber turns, low hanging tree limbs and creek crossings and the Cg is plenty low so it's not at all 'squirrely' feeling.

Overall a good choice and it has been totally without any issue this first summer.

Going to add a 'Campout' Bag Awning and a slatted wood shower pan floor insert for next year and that is all. My wife (and I) need that 'sit under' awning for sure.

I live in rural America, farm, but it's still nice to 'get away' often, especially going to camp on my own 'piece of heaven'....

Been married 32 years but there is always something special about getting away with your spouse than makes life grand.