Old 10-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #31
My TT - I love the bed and the hard mattress it came with. It is dialed in with a$100 mattress topper that makes it as comfortable as my bed at home and the sides of the mattress don't round off like a memory foam mattress. I can't get a good nights sleep in a motel bed - my hips always ache.

The fridge automatically switches power sources, the water heater lights with a switch, and the awning extends/retracts with a flick of a switch, and it has an actual tub in the bathroom, so no more slopped water. Might not be a big deal to you but my previous travel trailer did not have any of those things, so we feel like George and Weezy moving on up to a deluxe apartment on wheels.

I am glad my daughter talked me into a bunkhouse. It makes the best shelving sytem for all our crap/necessary camping items.

I love the neutral boring color scheme. Does not show dirt and accessorizes well.

I really like the wardrobe in the bathroom. I have vintage duffels/ airline carry on bags in there and everything fits so nicely and makes me happy.

RVing - For the two dozen nights or so that we go out camping, we get peace of mind and peace and quiet. We like no-frills camping and our travel trailer makes it a comfortable and fun experience.

I have a year round office and getaway room at home for when we are not camping.

So, I can decompress and recharge 365 days of the year.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #32
We had our old motorhome for 18 years when it caught fire early this summer on the way home from vacation. We handled everything we had to that day and before it had ended my husband said "I want to have a motorhome" and I said "me too". In no way had we budgeted for a new motorhome and had actually looked recently and concluded the only rational decision was to keep driving this old for another 5 years or so if we could. But it turned out we couldn't and we knew it was something very important to us.

Our old one was very much a comfortable second home for us. We had it all figured out and knew just where everything went. We've had the new one almost a month and are still getting to know it and how to live in it. I love some of the new features and miss some of the old, maybe because I was so used to them. But it just feels so good to head off on the road in a motorhome. It immediately separates us from whatever stress is going on in the rest of our life and seems to give us permission to just relax, explore and have fun.

We have "kids" who travel side-by-side with us in their RV and our oldest grandson literally moves in with us on trips. These are wonderful times and irreplaceable memories. I'm sure we will grow to love this new one and feel like it is just perfect too, but what's most important is what it affords us in terms of a lifestyle we both love.

Kathy3051s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #33
Got a break in the rain today, and ructantly checked out the seams and seals while airing out the TT. No water damage. I love this FR so far.

TravelinFam is offline   Reply With Quote