Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #31

My TT - I love the bed and the hard mattress it came with. It is dialed in with a$100 mattress topper that makes it as comfortable as my bed at home and the sides of the mattress don't round off like a memory foam mattress. I can't get a good nights sleep in a motel bed - my hips always ache.

The fridge automatically switches power sources, the water heater lights with a switch, and the awning extends/retracts with a flick of a switch, and it has an actual tub in the bathroom, so no more slopped water. Might not be a big deal to you but my previous travel trailer did not have any of those things, so we feel like George and Weezy moving on up to a deluxe apartment on wheels.

I am glad my daughter talked me into a bunkhouse. It makes the best shelving sytem for all our crap/necessary camping items.

I love the neutral boring color scheme. Does not show dirt and accessorizes well.

I really like the wardrobe in the bathroom. I have vintage duffels/ airline carry on bags in there and everything fits so nicely and makes me happy.

RVing - For the two dozen nights or so that we go out camping, we get peace of mind and peace and quiet. We like no-frills camping and our travel trailer makes it a comfortable and fun experience.

I have a year round office and getaway room at home for when we are not camping.

So, I can decompress and recharge 365 days of the year.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #32

We had our old motorhome for 18 years when it caught fire early this summer on the way home from vacation. We handled everything we had to that day and before it had ended my husband said "I want to have a motorhome" and I said "me too". In no way had we budgeted for a new motorhome and had actually looked recently and concluded the only rational decision was to keep driving this old for another 5 years or so if we could. But it turned out we couldn't and we knew it was something very important to us.

Our old one was very much a comfortable second home for us. We had it all figured out and knew just where everything went. We've had the new one almost a month and are still getting to know it and how to live in it. I love some of the new features and miss some of the old, maybe because I was so used to them. But it just feels so good to head off on the road in a motorhome. It immediately separates us from whatever stress is going on in the rest of our life and seems to give us permission to just relax, explore and have fun.

We have "kids" who travel side-by-side with us in their RV and our oldest grandson literally moves in with us on trips. These are wonderful times and irreplaceable memories. I'm sure we will grow to love this new one and feel like it is just perfect too, but what's most important is what it affords us in terms of a lifestyle we both love.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #33

Got a break in the rain today, and ructantly checked out the seams and seals while airing out the TT. No water damage. I love this FR so far.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #34

What a great thread. A lot of nice reads.

I'm getting old-- I really enjoy the large windows in our 274RK. I just sit back, drink a cup of coffee and thank God for His creation.

2017 Cherokee 274RK (Patriot Edition)
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn-- Yes it has a HEMI

Moved up from a 2004 Antiqua 195CK
danjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #35

On a holiday you can head home but still have your own place. Also you can stay at a campground that is far enough away so you don't have to be bothered by your in-laws but close enough so you are not late for dinner.😚
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #36
cogito ergo moo

Why I like my RV?

Because I would have never met any of you people if I always stayed at the Motel 6!

Tim
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog: http://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #37

I'm on my second Forest River toy hauler. Like the second one better but it's a freaking mansion on wheels lol. It's perfect for us and we would rather be in the camper than at home. Never had any major issues and the small ones I've had either the dealer or FR fixed me up in a timely manner.

Only sad part is I made my first reservation for 2017 and it's 6 months away. Living in the north bites at times.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #38

Head south
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #39

We were fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time when we purchased our 2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W as we purchased it as used, one month old thus saving a lot of dollars. This world is new to us as we left the world of sailing on Lake Erie after 14 years, so little to no experience with the RV world although a boat has similarities.

Now to answer the theme of the post. Our Windjammer has been awesome, it is set up perfectly for a couple. We enjoy all the windows, the sliding doors that block off the full queen bedroom and the bathroom. The electric fireplace, furnace, AC, fully functional kitchen make our unit very comfortable to stay in. And who would have thought we would own something with leather recliners and a 42" television, really? We consider ourselves very blessed to own our unit and very proud to stand back and say " wow, that is ours" so hopefully with proper and required annual maintenance we have many years of enjoyment ahead of us.

The RV'ing/camping world is a very welcoming group with such a variety of individual backgrounds yet no one walks around thinking they are better than others due to the size of their rv, unlike the boating world where big boats mean big egos typically.

What an awesome community and awesome subject, great to read all the stories and the memories everyone is creating and enjoying. Many blessed miles to everyone.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Why I like my RV?

Because I would have never met any of you people if I always stayed at the Motel 6!

Tim
I walked into a Motel 6 a few months back and turned right back around and walked out. That's as good of a reason as any to not want to sleep in a hotel.

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 24
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote