Old 07-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Positive comments

There are a lot of negative posting on all sites post here what you like and why you keep your RV

tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

We just recently got ours, have only really been out once in it. What I loved the most is that we (myself, DW, 2 kids) were together with no one else competing for our attention. Sure, we played on our smart phones and tablets at times, but mostly focused on spending time together. Sounds cheesy, but that's how I feel.
If you were specifically talking about the trailer itself... No problems to report!

Joe

Old 07-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #3

It's new and not a lot of camping experience, but so far:

Everything except the hot water system is great. I love the thing. And the HW system is getting replaced.

What do I like about it?.......you're making me think
-Great refrigerator. Residential with ice maker. SO MUCH better than the old elec/propane that was impossible to regulate.
-Two a/c units (course, mine is big), and it cools great.
-The 'modern' of it. Ease of use (once you figure it out)
-The best bed I ever slept on, period.
-Lots of room.

I'm just impressed with mine so far.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #4

Had a great first year with our new unit...and it's been ROUGH so far with continuous problems. We keep going because it's the nature of the beast I guess.

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #5

A few what I consider minor problems the first year that I took care of, it's never been back to the dealer. Coming into our third year with our RV and we really enjoy it. We plan on keeping it several more years. Allot of what I read on the forums seems to be dealer related.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

Not sure if you are referring to Rving or the RV itself so here's a little of both:

1. I love the peaceful and serene landscapes that surround us in most campsites.

2. I love sleeping in my own clean bed that thousands of others have not slept in or use my own clean toilet and shower that I have to hope was cleaned properly like you would experience in a hotel.

3. Being a Cajun is a blessing but can also be a curse when traveling away from home because there are several food items that you just can't locate in other areas. Having our own RV pantry ensures that we can bring our favorite coffee, meats and seasonings with us.

4. Living on the Gulf Coast presents the risk of hurricanes.............thus evacuating your home for extended periods of time. After the nightmare of 2005-2006 and being displaced for weeks at a time in hotels is not comforting, peaceful or safe by any means. Having your own home away from home guarantees that you will always have a roof over your head if there is nothing left to come home to. Been there, done that and this is when our love of RV's was created. We bought our first one when we lost our home in Rita while we rebuilt.

5. The RV community is unlike anything else. They are, in most cases, respectful, helpful and there to relax and have a good time. It's unlike home where everyone is rushing through each day to keep your head above water, grass mowed, home maintenance, fast meals, cleaning, jobs and distractions from every direction.

6. Simplicity! When did we all think that large homes were a great idea? I find that in the RV with minimal multifunctional pieces of furniture, appliances, clothing and material possessions I feel less overwhelmed and relaxed. At home we can't wait to get indoors and when camping we can't wait to get outdoors.

7. Spending time together.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #7

Ejagno, that's downright spiritual! You need to post more. VERY good stuff.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
Site Team

Rockwood 8282ws.
We love the open floorplan, Two ac's, FR service, our great service center in Bossier City (Bayou Outdoors) and light weight of the 8282ws.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #9
Site Team

[QUOTE=ejagno;1271120]Not sure if you are referring to Rving or the RV itself so here's a little of both:.

3. Being a Cajun is a blessing but can also be a curse when traveling away from home because there are several food items that you just can't locate in other areas. Having our own RV pantry ensures that we can bring our favorite coffee, meats and seasonings with us.

No 3 is true for north La folks too.
Can't leave home without my Steen's (sugar cane) syrup, Tony's seasoning and community coffee.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #10

hidee ho

Hello, we absolutely love our FR Surveyor 220; a 25' trailer perfect for 2 people. We get along really good and this trailer has several things we really like, a big bathroom with lots of storage, a comfly couch/lounge/dinette slider area, a full queen bed, a tv that swivels from living area into bedroom and it only weighs 5000lbs loaded so our 2012 Ram 1500 hemi tows it with power and braking to spare. Love getting away and just sitting in our camp chairs and recharging our batteries so to speak.
Happy Camping!!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote