Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #21
Always Learning

Possibly wanting a get in bunkhouse model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog View Post
The new mid bunk floorplans in the Coachmen Chaparral 360 and 390 and Brookstone 395 are really nice. You get two bedrooms and still have a full rear lounge living area. The Brookstone 395rl even has a queen bed loft.

I have to admit- we are considering upgrading to a mid bunkhouse. Our internal lounging/living room is cramped when we have 4 adults and 2 kids. The lack of outside kitchen is a killer. And I want/need something that sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids in the bunkhouse *without* someone being on the floor.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #22

The chaparral 390 has an outside kitchen....the other two do not.
Luckydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #23
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

The coachmen is a nice looking RV. But I don't think it will meet your requirement of two adults and two kids in it.

New 2015 Coachmen RV Chaparral 360IBL Fifth Wheel at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #134834

I would be looking more towards the toy hauler and convert/mod for the additional sleeping arrangements.

2015 Heartland Road Warrior RW 420 Stock: HR92587 | Optimum RV

And if you want, you can exile some to the outside deck. lol
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #24

Im not quite sure how you think any of the mentioned units wouldnt be perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids....they are all bunkhouses....
Luckydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:58 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
The chaparral 390 has an outside kitchen....the other two do not.
Interesting- it looks like it has a pull out cooktop and fridge. Seems like it is located under the hallway steps where the bathroom is. I wish they could have figured out an outdoor sink into this (yeah, I know- I want the magical trailer!) But neat that it does include it, that's the first that I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
The coachmen is a nice looking RV. But I don't think it will meet your requirement of two adults and two kids in it.

New 2015 Coachmen RV Chaparral 360IBL Fifth Wheel at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #134834

I would be looking more towards the toy hauler and convert/mod for the additional sleeping arrangements.

2015 Heartland Road Warrior RW 420 Stock: HR92587 | Optimum RV

And if you want, you can exile some to the outside deck. lol
You're right- most of these midship bunkhouses have a hard time fitting 2 adults in the bunkhouse. Though, the loft with the Coachmen 395RL gets us much closer. My daughter could go up top, my son on the top bunk, and my in-laws on the lower bunk since it's effectively a small-ish queen bed.

I think the toy hauler would be a pretty hard sell. My wife would want major "prettying up" back there and then I'd want to actually use it like a toy hauler. Murder would happen.

Quote:
Im not quite sure how you think any of the mentioned units wouldnt be perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids....they are all bunkhouses....
Luckydog, donanddonna was talking about my requirements that the bunkhouse itself needs to hold 2 adults and 2 kids in addition to my wife and I. We travel with my in-laws very regularly and I want decent accommodations for them that doesn't include resorting to a pull-out bed or dinette in the living area.

Tags
bunkhouse, modifications