You need to be a bit of a contortionist to get in and around the basement and 6/3 cable does not like to bend so man handling it was needed. There was nothing that took a great deal of technical knowledge just a very good attention to detail and directions.
We removed the outside plug and metal clamp (which had chaffed the old wire) that held the wire in place. Then went in the trailer and pulled the panel.
Note the Black, Red and large White wire there is also a unshielded copper wire behind the white wire.
The Progressive EMS that we wired on a bench in the shop. I bought 15' of cable and the original one was about 10' so we just made sure we had a few feet to much at each end so we could cut to fit. We ran the cable from the basement into the trailer just like the old one ran and out the side of the trailer.
The EMS mounted behind the basement wall, the fuse panel is a few feet in front of it and the outside plug is to the right several feet.
Sorry but I forgot to take some pics of the monitor that we mounted in the cabinet to the left of the control panel. We removed the panel and fished the cord down the wall into the basement then plugged it into the EMS.
When we took the Marinco plug off the trailer it looked to me like it was pretty cheap and flimsy so we went to CW and bought a Furrion plug that looks much more stout. Both plugs were color coded the same so it was just a matter of cutting and then stripping the cable to length the tightening the wires in.
We turned all the breakers off in the trailer and then plugged in the trailer. My wife went into the shop and turned on the 50A breaker, no weird noises, no smoke in the basement nothing really (that's a good thing).
I went into the trailer and looked at the monitor it was cycling through with no errors and good voltage. I then turned all the breakers on in the trailer and all was good.
In closing a couple of comments; first this wasn't a complicated job but at the same time since it's electricity you have to pay attention but for a guy who's overweight and almost 60 it surely wasn't easy.
Secondly it's pretty obvious these trailers are put together at speed, I would bet a large sum of money the folks are paid based on how many units go out the door and not the craftsmanship or quality they produce.
A good number of the screw holes were stripped when we took them out, the amount of trash and the unbelievable amount of sawdust in the walls blew our mind, but I do agree it's indicative of the industry.